At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 250,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Execute global new business quoting activities based on RFQ (Request for Quotation) checklist. Develop a supply base for use in quoting activities and support all analysis pertaining to quoting activity as at when required. In addition, train and support department members to use all the business systems efficiently.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Support new business and new customer material quotation activities.
· Develop effective relationships with Business Unit Management to ensure that Supply Chain Management is fully involved with new business opportunities.
· Attend quote kick-off meetings
· Drive quote based in RFQ checklist and commit with a delivery date to the Quote requestor based on lowest price, lowest spend and RoHs (Restriction of Hazardous Substances Directive 2002/95/EC) compliances.
· Review all data in the entire BOM (Bill of Material) and ensure correct commodity is assigned per component description and manufacturer.
· Prepare quote packages and solicits quotes from the supply base.
· Maintain knowledge on materials and supply base supporting purchases at a price consistent with quality and required quantity.
· Select and analyze for best possible pricing, lead-times, MOQ (Minimum Order Quantity) and other terms and conditions to achieve lower TCO (Total Cost Ownership).
· Manage and develop supply base, which will provide support in quoting activities.
· Selection of suppliers and analyze supplier quotes in order to provide complete best quoted cost to the quote requestor.
· Review quotes with Global Commodity Management team and Material Quote Manager as required. Ensure the suppliers selected are consistent with any relationships/partnerships that we are attempting to establish.
· Support and recommend alternate supply base for quoting.
· Maintain knowledge of the information required to obtain accurate quotes from the supply base.
· Ensure required information is available upon request from the Material Quote Manager.
· Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet, and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively; making customer issues a priority.
· Evaluate supplier performance on quarterly basis or as/when required.
· Provide regular updates and reporting to specific sector on quotation and metrics activities.
· Indentify creative ways by streamlining process and systems.
· Drive continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management.
· Offer new, innovative and entrepreneurial ideas and suggestions for improvement. Identify and implement new practices and processes that are “best in field.”
· Ensure 100% adherence to all company policies and procedures (i.e. Health and Safety, Quality).
· Ensure all sensitive and confidential information is handled appropriately.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Ability to lead projects and initiatives.
· Ability to work well with teams and mentor on procurement processes.
· Advanced PC skills especially in Excel with the ability to provide training and knowledge.
· Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
· Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
· Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
· Ability to work effectively under pressure with constantly changing priorities and deadlines.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.