At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. We are proud to be a trusted partner for the world's top brands, offering comprehensive engineering, manufacturing, and supply chain solutions. With over 50 years of experience across industries and a vast network of over 100 sites worldwide, Jabil combines global reach with local expertise to deliver both scalable and customized solutions. Our commitment extends beyond business success as we strive to build sustainable processes that minimize environmental impact and foster vibrant and diverse communities around the globe.
Directs the activities of the Machine Support group. Responsible for maintaining production schedules and ensuring that quality standards are adhered to by the group.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
Recruitment and Retention:
· Recruit, interview and hire Process Engineers, Industrial Techs, WAVE Techs, and Machine Support Techs
· Communicate criteria to recruiters for Process Engineers, Industrial Techs, WAVE Techs, and Machine Support Techs candidates.
· Coach machine support department staff in the interviewing/hiring process.
· Monitor team member turnover; identify key factors that can be improved; make improvements.
Employee and Team Development:
· Identify individual and team strengths and development needs on an ongoing basis.
· Create and/or validate training curriculum in area of responsibility.
· Coach and mentor tooling department staff to deliver excellence to every internal and external customer.
· Create and manage succession plans for the machine shop function.
· Establish clear measurable goals and objectives by which to determine individual and team results (i.e. operational metrics, results against project timelines, training documentation, attendance records, knowledge of operational roles and responsibilities, personal development goals).
· Solicit ongoing feedback from Workcell Manager (WCM), Business Unit Manager (BUM), peers and team member on the PE team member’s contribution to the workcell. Provide ongoing coaching and counseling to team member based on feedback.
· Express pride in staff and encourage them to feel good about their accomplishments.
· Perform team member evaluations professionally and on time.
· Drive individuals and the team to continuously improve in key operational metrics and the achievement of the organizational goals.
· Coordinate activities of large teams and keep them focused in times of crises.
· Ensure recognition and rewards are managed fairly and consistently in area of responsibility.
· Provide communication forum for the exchange of ideas and information with the department.
· Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style.
· Ask questions; encourage input from team members.
· Assess communication style of individual team members and adapt own communication style accordingly.
TECHNICAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
· Oversees the maintenance management program including repair parts, preventative maintenance, feeder maintenance, and the support equipment maintenance program
· Plans the activities of the technical staff
· Develops and maintains all department reports/records
· Supervises the planning and execution of line moves and builds
· Schedules equipment vendors for installation, repair and updates of equipment
· Assure that procedures and work instructions are efficient and not redundant.
· Offer new ideas and suggestions for improvement. Identify and implement new practices and processes that are “best in field.”
· Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet, and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively; making customer issues a priority.
· Lead by example; “walk the talk.”
· Utilize Jabil’s Advanced Engineering group to ensure useful support to Jabil South.
· Establish new measurement systems if/where possible.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
Comply with all procedures within the company security policy.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering preferred; and three years experience in maintenance management; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Hands-on experience and knowledge of Surface Mount Technologies (SMT) and Thru-hole equipment/gear, process optimization, Statistical Process Control, Design for Manufacturability, Design for Test, Demand Flow Technology (line balancing), and Design of Experiment methodologies. Knowledge of engineering disciplines including chemistry, mechanical, electrical, and industrial as it pertains to surface mount and final assembly.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact the Federal Bureau of Investigations internet crime hotline (www.ic3.gov), the Federal Trade Commission identity theft hotline (www.identitytheft.gov) and/or your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.