At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 250,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
The Manufacturing Engineer (June through January):
- Gain valuable knowledge pertaining to policies, practices and processes, associated with production of Medical Devices, through completion of web based and instructor led training.
- Gain experience with primary machining processing including CNC milling, CNC turning and forming of titanium, stainless steel and polymer implants.
- Gain experience with design of tooling, work holding and job aids.
- Gain exposure and participate in Quality and Compliance related activities including Non-conformance investigation and Corrective and Preventative Action (CAPA).
- Assist in failure mode analysis, scrap analysis and trending.
- Gain exposure to concepts of GMP/GXP as well as introduction to FDA, ISO, Safety, and Environmental regulations.
- Act as team member supporting capital investment projects and transformations.
- Conduct research, data collection, and technical report generation.
- Perform financial analysis, generate business cases and conduct presentations.
- Perform CAD modeling and drafting activities for 3D printed and machined manufacturing tools/fixturing, equipment layouts and process documentation.
- Support development of new processes and equipment associated with product launches.
- Coordinate and support equipment and process validation lifecycle elements such as computer system validation, safety risk assessment, installation qualification, process risk assessment, operation qualification and performance qualification.
- Author equipment and process standard operating procedures.
- Author test protocols and technical report documents.
- Perform data collection and analysis utilizing statistical methods and software packages such as MS Excel and Minitab.
- Participate on cross-functional teams focusing on the improvement of existing processes.
- Support cycle time analysis, process/value stream mapping, and capacity analysis on production processes to optimize and/or introduce new equipment.
- Assist with testing and analysis utilizing Lean/6 Sigma tools techniques.
- Complete Kaizen implementation for ideas submitted for improvements.
- Communicate with internal and external suppliers on various projects and initiatives.
- Participate in plant and product familiarization though a combination of independent research, online training and “Go-See” activities.
- Participate in shadowing of various roles including Manufacturing Engineers, Quality Engineers, Engineering Technicians and Production Operators. Co-ops will also “Go-See” groups including Chemical Finishing, Packaging, QA Inspection, Drafting, Document Control, Safety, Maintenance, Tool Room, Gage Calibration and Shipping/Receiving.
A qualified candidate should meet the following general criteria:
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. and must not require sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future (e.g. H1-B status).
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 Cumulative is strongly preferred.
- Candidate must be actively enrolled pursuing either a Bachelors or Master’s degree (but not necessarily taking classes).
- Candidate must have reliable transportation to and from work on a daily basis for the duration of the co-op.
- Candidate must be able to work full time (40 hours per week) during the duration of the co-op position.
A qualified candidate should meet the following role specific criteria:
- Completion of sophomore level coursework strongly preferred.
- Highly motivated self-starter able to function as part of a team and independently.
- Possess some past hands-on experience (job, project or hobby related) strongly preferred.
- Willing to work in a fast paced manufacturing environment with work station located on manufacturing floor.
- Strong technical writing skills and ability to generate technical documents semi-independently.
- Ability to present and communicate effectively to audiences at various levels of experience.
- Efficiency with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with MS Project, Visio, Access preferred but not required.
- Experience with some CAD package (PTC Creo, SolidWorks, AutoCAD, Inventor, etc.)
- Introductory experience with GD&T preferred but not required.
- Introductory experience with statistical analysis using Minitab, Excel, etc. preferred.
Our preferred majors are, but are not limited to:
- Industrial, Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering (preferred)
- Biomedical Engineering (considered)
- Engineering and Management (considered)
- Controls and Robotics Engineering (considered)
- Electrical and Chemical Engineering (considered)
- Additional Engineering disciplines considered on case by case basis as well
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact the Federal Bureau of Investigations internet crime hotline (www.ic3.gov), the Federal Trade Commission identity theft hotline (www.identitytheft.gov) and/or your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.
The hourly pay range for this role is $16.00 - $32.00. Job-related, non-discriminatory factors used to determine the actual offered rate include qualifications and experience, education (if requirement noted above), geographic location, external market data, and consideration of internal equity.
As part of the total rewards package, this position is eligible for a short-term incentive based on performance. In addition, Jabil offers benefits to enhance your health, wealth and resilient self. These include medical, dental, and vision insurance plans; 401(k) retirement plan and employee stock purchase plan; and paid time off.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.