At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 250,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
This is not a remote position.
Performs advanced monitoring and reporting of security events. Administrates security tools and devices ensuring proper functionality. Conducts investigations providing all required data for incident response.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supports 24/7 global operations responding to security events in the environment; on-call as required.
- Performs advanced monitoring of security events; studies and reviews device security logs.
- Investigates a variety of events by correlating data from various sources to determine the risk to Jabil.
- Performs advanced incident analysis from logs and monitoring activities.
- Assists in large-scale security incidents, investigation, and response activities; advises on remediation.
- Creates/refines log monitoring reports, searches, or basic investigative tools to enhance monitoring.
- Handles escalations from SOC Security Analysts I.
- Performs analysis of the environment (e.g. port scans, activity monitoring, intrusion detection).
- Performs intermediate-level Health Checks and routine administration for security tools.
- Differentiates between security events or incidents to initiate incident response actions appropriately.
- Participates in IT security or customer audit activities.
- Performs mentoring and education for security staff members.
- Drives continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management.
- Assures procedures and work instructions are efficient and not redundant.
- Identifies and implements new analytic methods for detecting threats.
- Anticipates and meets customer expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively.
- Maintains confidentiality in all security activities whether internal to Jabil or customer specific.
- Interprets a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Lead small projects/initiatives as assigned.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to effectively communicate analytical data to varied audiences, including executives.
- Ability to influence and build credibility as a peer through strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to perform well under significant enterprise-wide pressure with a sense of urgency.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field or 3-5 years Security Operations, Network Administration or equivalent knowledge.
- Security related certifications: Security +, GSEC, or GCIH
- Strong working knowledge of perimeter technologies (e.g. firewalls, proxies).
- Strong working knowledge of security tools (e.g. SIEM, NetFlow, IDS/IPS, endpoint solutions, DLP).
- Strong working knowledge of networking (TCP/IP, network architecture) and packet capture and analysis.
- Advanced technical knowledge of operating systems, network services, applications, and security logging.
- Master's degree in Information Security, Cybersecurity, or Computer Network Defense.
- Relevant security related certifications a plus: GCIA, GCED, GMON, CEH, CCNA, CySA +
- Previous experience in scripting or programming (e.g. Python, PowerShell, PERL, Splunk SPL).
- Direct experience in an enterprise-level Cyber Incident Response Team or Security Operations Center.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.