At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 250,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Build your career with Jabil! We challenge and empower you to make the most of your talents, working with outstanding colleagues from diverse backgrounds who share your drive and passion to make Jabil grow!
This is a senior-level Functional Support Specialist role that is a key contributor to the IT operations and support in Jabil. The Functional Support Specialist’s role is to deliver support to end-users in the organization on SAP and other software applications efficiently and effectively in fulfilling business objectives. This includes troubleshooting applications and software for all internal customers, such as operations, finance, supply chain, and other business units. The Functional Support Specialist is also responsible for assisting in the design, delivery, and improvement of SAP and other software applications and organizing training programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Proficient and able to work independently in the overall business processes and system functionality for the primary applications or functional areas
- Full understanding of business process requirements with the ability to identify process or system gaps and appropriate resolutions
- Have strong functional and/or system configuration knowledge in order to design solutions to fulfill business requirements with related functional and development teams
- Ability to write valid functional specification documents including the understanding of table structures, fields, and entity relationships.
- Ability to mentor ESS I team members
- Effectively drive business system process and integration improvements with business process owners
- Serve as the escalation point for troubleshooting issues per OLA and SLA
- Maintain thorough knowledge and in-depth field experience in multiple applications or modules, comprising emerging or job technologies required. This could include formal or self-paced professional development
- May perform full configuration of more than one application module. Perform advanced, customized configuration in at least one application module
- Provide functional advice and assistance to other IT teams as necessary
- Participate in the exchange of ideas and information within the project or department personnel
- Provide status updates of assigned projects to the project team
- Communicate and provide regular updates to the functional manager or supervisor
- Drive continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management
- Assure that procedures and work instructions are efficient and not redundant
- Offer new ideas and suggestions for improvement. Identify and implement new configurations, procedures, and processes that are considered “best practice”
- Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet, and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively, making customer issues a priority
- Confer with the reporting manager and team on complex or unusual situations
- Exchange knowledge and information with other Jabil facilities to ensure best practices are shared throughout the Jabil organization
- Maintain discretion and confidentiality in all areas pertaining to data and proprietary information, whether internal to Jabil or customer-specific
- Maintain discretion and confidentiality in all areas pertaining to the IT systems
- Understand and embrace business and IT strategic direction
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or Management Information Systems, or any IT related.
- Have at least 3-5 years of work experience in the business area from an IT perspective.
- Have process or system configuration knowledge of SAP or any other ERP specializing in Planning, Purchasing, Inventory and Warehouse Management, Sales and Distribution, finance and controlling, or any other functional areas.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training, or experience.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Refer above job description. Resource backfill can be in a different location in PEN/GDL/CHI/DR as long as follows the global SAS support team's strategic geographical location.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.