At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. We are proud to be a trusted partner for the world's top brands, offering comprehensive engineering, manufacturing, and supply chain solutions. With over 50 years of experience across industries and a vast network of over 100 sites worldwide, Jabil combines global reach with local expertise to deliver both scalable and customized solutions. Our commitment extends beyond business success as we strive to build sustainable processes that minimize environmental impact and foster vibrant and diverse communities around the globe.
Performs physical and/or administrative tasks involved in the shipping, receiving, storing, distributing and order fulfillment of merchandise, products, materials, parts, supplies and equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Checks goods received and for distribution against purchase orders or invoices.
• Maintains records of goods and rejects unsatisfactory items.
• Packages and prepares products and merchandise for final shipment.
• Lifts heavy items.
• Distributes merchandise, products and materials in inventory warehouses, distribution centers or manufacturing lines.
• Executes physical and electronic transfers of materials of received goods as well as the sorting and shipping of material planned by the Warehouse Supervisor.
• Completes receiving and/or shipping documents as necessary.
• Operates material transfer equipment.
• Promotes integrity of SAP data through use of established processes and procedures of electronic material transfer.
• Interacts with other functional areas to assure that material is received, distributed and shipped accurately and in a timely manner as required.
• May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
• Typically reports to Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include: Warehouse Supervisor
• Job is NOT directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
• Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
• Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
• Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
• 3 to 5 years of experience in Warehouse Area.
• Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience
• Regular business hours. Some additional hours may be required.
• Individual’s primary workstation is located on the manufacturing floor.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact the Federal Bureau of Investigations internet crime hotline (www.ic3.gov), the Federal Trade Commission identity theft hotline (www.identitytheft.gov) and/or your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.