At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 250,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
About the Company
Kasalis is a global supplier of advanced automation and production systems for the active alignment, assembly, and test of leading-edge optical devices and electro-optical systems including compact camera modules, NIR and visible light projectors, LiDAR systems, augmented reality systems, and structured light 3D sensing systems. We work on innovative, state-of-the-art technologies from some of the world’s most recognizable brands in the technology space.
Kasalis is part of Jabil, one of the top manufacturers in the world, with more than 200,000 employees worldwide in over 100 facilities.
About the Job
We are searching for a talented and motivated mechanical engineer to design customized automated optical active alignment and test systems for our internal and external customers. You will be involved in machine design, precision fixture design, prototyping and new platform design. We are looking for candidates who thrive working in a small team environment with tight deadlines, takes pride and ownership of their work and delivers high quality solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conceptualize and design innovative automation solutions for active and passive alignment applications.
- Prepare bills of material, detailed dimensioned drawings, assembly drawings and CAD models for your designs.
- Specify and integrate various machine components including pneumatics, motion stages, sensors, cameras, measurement devices, and other process-specific devices.
- Design of precision fixtures for customer opto-electronic devices.
- Hands-on assembly, troubleshoot and debug of electro-mechanical systems and resolve design issues when necessary.
- Participate in design reviews and technical strategic planning sessions.
- Manage your project tasks and activities to meet project schedule and budget goals.
- Machine design including frames, enclosures, mounting structures, and component packaging.
- Participate in project planning, technical reviews, and status meetings.
- Occasional on-site factory visits in North America, Europe, and Asia for system installation and support working with customers and our Jabil partners.
- High level of proficiency with CAD software. SolidWorks preferred.
- Experience with one or more of the following: Capital equipment design, precision fixture design, test equipment design, or robotics design.
- Strong problem solving / debugging skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Work well in a team environment.
- Experience specifying pneumatic components (valves, actuators, regulators, etc.)
- Knowledge of Windchill or other PLM/PDM systems is a plus.
Education and Experience Requirements
- BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering or similar field
- 7+ years of related design experience
- Experience in machine design required; experience in machine design and builds from scratch preferred
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and solve problems with automated equipment in manufacturing facilities.
- Understanding of optical, electromechanical and software systems and their interactions in the context of complex industrial equipment is a plus.
- Optics, image sensor, or electronics manufacturing knowledge is a plus.
- Experience specifying machine vision cameras and lenses is a plus.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact the Federal Bureau of Investigations internet crime hotline (www.ic3.gov), the Federal Trade Commission identity theft hotline (www.identitytheft.gov) and/or your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.