At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 250,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Jabil has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Industrial Engineer for our Memphis, TN manufacturing facility! In this role you will be responsible for working closely with the lead engineer in planning, designing, implementing, and managing; integrated, production and service delivery systems that assure performance, reliability, maintainability, schedule adherence, and cost control within the production site. The Industrial Engineer will adopt as its goals profitability, effectiveness, adaptability, responsiveness, quality, and the continuous improvement of products and services throughout their life cycles.
This is an onsite in-person position! Open to candidates who may need to relocate.
This is the perfect opportunity for an industrial or process engineer who enjoys being hands-on and large-scale projects!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Project team members implementing projects that will eliminate waste, through the standard Industrial Engineering process. This will include but is not limited to: Capital Equipment Requests, Capabilities Studies, Plant Layouts, Tool Design, and Standard Work.
- BOM and shop floor system management.
- Develop Time standards for process steps to be used in the Product-Process-Time database (IEDB).
- Gather and analyze Industrial Engineering metrics for assigned customers or areas.
- Coordinate layout and facility move(s) for assigned customer or area(s).
- Collect, analyze, and review IEDB data to ensure accuracy and compliance with the standard process.
- Monitor the SAP and Manufacturing Execution System configurations and ensure compliance with the standardized system configurations.
- Gather and/or develop data for quotes.
- Coach, mentor, and train engineers within the Industrial Engineering team
- Support and/or maintain all lower-level Industrial Engineering essential duties and responsibilities.
- Ensure the standardization of Jabil processes throughout the site in accordance with the global, regional, and site direction.
- Support the Lean organization by developing a solid process foundation and data integrity in order to support process improvement throughout the organization.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- 2+ years of experience as an Industrial Engineer, Process Engineer, or equivalent with a bachelor's degree in Industrial engineering or equivalent preferred
- Proven record of accomplishment of successful change management accomplishments, implementing and managing continuous improvements and cost reduction programs
- Understanding and application of a broad range of industrial engineering tools (ie. Work measurement, process mapping, facilities, and workstation design, etc.)
- Strong analytical ability
- Strong communication skills
- Proficiency in the use of CAD software such as Solid Works and Life Cycle tools such as AGILE
- Proficiency in the use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products, Microsoft Visio, and Microsoft Project.
BENEFITS WITH JABIL
Along with growth, stability, and the opportunity to be challenged, Jabil offers a competitive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental, Prescription Drug, and Vision Insurance with HRA and HSA options
- 401K match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Life, AD&D, and Disability Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Pet Insurance
- Adoption Assistance
- Annual Merit Increases
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact the Federal Bureau of Investigations internet crime hotline (www.ic3.gov), the Federal Trade Commission identity theft hotline (www.identitytheft.gov) and/or your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.
The pay range for this role is $62,232 - $112,017. Job-related, non-discriminatory factors used to determine the actual offered rate include qualifications and experience, geographic location, education, external market data, and consideration of internal equity.
As part of the total rewards package, this position is eligible for a short-term incentive based on performance. In addition, Jabil offers benefits to enhance your health, wealth, and resilient self. These include medical, dental, and vision insurance plans; paid time off accruing at a rate of 3.07 hours during your first year of employment; 4 weeks of paid parental leave; in 2023, 10 company-paid holidays (8 fixed holidays and 2 optional floating holidays), subject to change yearly; 401(k) retirement plan; and employee stock purchase plan.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.