At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. We are proud to be a trusted partner for the world's top brands, offering comprehensive engineering, manufacturing, and supply chain solutions. With over 50 years of experience across industries and a vast network of over 100 sites worldwide, Jabil combines global reach with local expertise to deliver both scalable and customized solutions. Our commitment extends beyond business success as we strive to build sustainable processes that minimize environmental impact and foster vibrant and diverse communities around the globe.
The Business Technology Solutions Lead will serve as the bridge between business objectives and technology capabilities. As the BTS Lead, you will collaborate with various departments and external partners on behalf of our business units to ensure that technology solutions align with business goals, are delivered efficiently, and drive meaningful value.
Provides technical leadership and is responsible for determining the direction for the IT architecture, standards, design and implementation approaches for the company’s application systems, infrastructure and/or data and analytics solutions. Creates, evaluates and implements plans and design proposals for high impact IT solutions and their use involving leading edge technologies and methods considering key factors such as their long-term effectiveness (service delivery and cost), practicality, technical limitations and criticality. This is an expert-level role requiring independent action to establish methods and procedures on new and/or special assignments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Know and understand Jabil business strategy
- Know and understand Jabil IT strategy & objectives
- Define the overall solution architecture consistent with Jabil’s methodology
- Be responsible for the technical solution by providing leadership for the customer, project manager, domain architects, domain specialists and application engineers to advance and deliver solutions
- Consult and Inform Enterprise Architects and Senior IT Architects to design and deliver solutions
- Earn trust of clients and management
- Assess merits of alternative technical approaches and gain consensus for best approach
- Learn, follow, promote, and improve recognized methodologies to design and deliver solutions
- Ensure that the non-functional requirements are satisfied including, but not limited to, security, disaster recovery, availability, and performance
- Researches technology and industry trends to hone both personal and Jabil’s competitive edge
- Through modeling or prototyping, validate solution prior to full implementation
- Develop expertise in one of the following disciplines: Enterprise Architecture, Business Architecture, Information Architecture, Application Architecture, Technology Infrastructure Architecture
- Mentor IT professionals
- Develop project plans and influence project organization
- Apply recognized system sizing methodology
- Vet change(s) with respect to scope, schedule, cost, risk, etc.
- Cross train staff to reduce delivery risk
- Define processes & methods necessary to support delivery/deployment
- Define management tools to support production environment
- Utilize Lean Six Sigma or other methods to identify & provide guidance on organizational improvement opportunities
- Perform root cause analysis and remediation actions
- Contribute to Jabil IP though development and submission of patents
Policy & Procedures
- Comply with IT policy, procedure, and process
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy
Training & Development
- Define technical job content & qualifications of key roles required to support technical infrastructure
- Work closely with management to assess and aid the development of staff skill sets
- Assist management to assess and help resolve staffing knowledge gaps
- Strong soft-skills with the ability to communicate effectively and translate complex technical concepts for non-technical stakeholders.
- Publish and present to customers, IT leaders and business executives
- Engage with vendors and third parties as needed
- Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style
- Ask questions; encourage input from staff
- Develop peer relationships with Senior IT Architects
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Typically reports to management.
- The purpose of this role is not primarily managerial, and the job is typically NOT directly responsible for managing employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
- Understand, articulate, and prioritize business needs to ensure alignment with technology solutions.
- Engage with business units to gather, refine, and document business requirements.
- Collaborate with IT COEs to determine the best solutions – whether to adapt existing systems, buy third-party solutions, or build new ones.
- Oversee the end-to-end solution delivery process, ensuring timely completion within the budget.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Required expert functional knowledge in SAP Procure-to-Pay (MM, PU, IMWM, PP and FICO modules)
Nice To Have:
- Expect high-level functional knowledge in SAP Order-to-Cash (SD, LE, GTS)
- Knowledge and experience working in an Agile methodology
- Knowledge of SOA, including REST, SOAP, API Management, and other integration patterns e.g. ESB, EIP, etc.
- Knowledge of relational databases and SQL
- Knowledge of UML or ArchiMate
- Knowledge of cloud technologies
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Post-graduate degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems expected
- Minimum 12 years of experience in a related discipline
- Or, equivalent combination of education, training, or experience
Preferred Experiences / Certifications:
- Experience in a customer facing and/or consulting role
- Experience in the manufacturing and/or supply chain domain
- Professional certifications related to business analysis, project management, or technology.
- Open CA Level 1: Certified
- TOGAF 9 Foundation
- ArchiMate 3 Foundation
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.