At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. We are proud to be a trusted partner for the world's top brands, offering comprehensive engineering, manufacturing, and supply chain solutions. With over 50 years of experience across industries and a vast network of over 100 sites worldwide, Jabil combines global reach with local expertise to deliver both scalable and customized solutions. Our commitment extends beyond business success as we strive to build sustainable processes that minimize environmental impact and foster vibrant and diverse communities around the globe.
- Automation Technician Lead is responsible for supporting the execution of production schedules and directing the activities of technician team members in line with operational, quality and health & safety work instructions, procedures and policies to ensure the production of quality product in a timely, safe, efficient and compliant manner.
- Leads technician activities for the maintenance and enhancement or extension of existing product lines, including involvement in new products, processes or technologies as required.
- Conducts failure investigations in order to determine causes of problems and develop and implement solutions.
- Leads & coordinates the day-to-day activity of the assembly technicians on the shift, across all lines and work cells.
- Responsibility for goal setting, and interim and yearly performance reviews for technicians on the shift.
- Manages the technician holiday planner for the shift, ensuring technical cover at all times.
- Ensures regular communications within the team and across shifts.
- Liaises with the Technical Training Specialist to increase training flexibility on the shift and assists with technical training.
- On a shift basis, manages break times to ensure maintenance team cover and production continuity at all times.
- Promotes a strong culture of safety and safety-conscious behaviours within the shift technical team.
- Responsibility as virtual supplier to the work cells, to ensure delivery of all performance metrics required by same.
- Leads start and end of shift handover activity, this MUST take place on the production floor.
- Attends morning huddles at the start of each shift with the work cells, with detailed pass-down from the previous 24hrs and updates on any issues on the shift.
- Leads the use of Lean tools to drive continuous improvement and process reliability.
- Manages the hourly & shift escalation process for major downtime/yield issues, including driving the A3 process and investigating issues, up to and including being the point of contact for the shift for out of hours call-outs to engineering and SLT.
- Supports activities, but not ownership of, NCEs, NCMRs, and PCFs as relevant for shift technical issues and resolution.
- Responsibility for technical decision-making on the shift, to ensure timely and effective resolution of issues.
- Work closely with Operations Team Lead and Line Co-ordinators to deliver to the plan for each of the work cells.
- Support all company safety and quality programs and initiatives
- Ensure ongoing compliance with GMP in all practices, recording of events and processes.
- Ensure compliance with all learnings from all GMP training events.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned from time to time as needed, based on the evolution of the company and the requirements of the department/position.
- Level 7 or 8 in relevant engineering discipline desirable.
- Have minimum 5 years relevant work experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Previous experience of automated assembly engineering, automated systems & product engineering highly desirable.
- Qualification/experience in Lean desirable.
- Previous people management experience desirable.
Skills and Attributes:
- Strong organisational, leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Customer focused, motivated, enthusiastic, self-directed & results driven leader.
- Practical use of Lean Six Sigma tools
- Systematic troubleshooting skills.
- Strong leadership of technical issue resolution.
- Good data analysis skills.
- Provide innovative solutions to complex problems.
- High level of cGMP, safe working practices and awareness.
- Proficient in MS Office applications and CAD.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.