At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. We are proud to be a trusted partner for the world's top brands, offering comprehensive engineering, manufacturing, and supply chain solutions. With over 50 years of experience across industries and a vast network of over 100 sites worldwide, Jabil combines global reach with local expertise to deliver both scalable and customized solutions. Our commitment extends beyond business success as we strive to build sustainable processes that minimize environmental impact and foster vibrant and diverse communities around the globe.
Responsible for effectively managing Material Requirements Planning (MRP) to ensure that material supply aligns with demand, supporting the optimization of the overall cost of materials.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop supply base and Supply Chain strategies tailored to customer or Business Unit Strategic materials.
- Support customer business needs using standard processes and customized solutions, collaborating with the Purchasing manager and SCM for the best approach. Influence customer supply chain strategies to align with Jabil's.
- Communicate Jabil's expectations to suppliers, conduct audits/visits, certifications, and performance reviews for continuous improvement. Obtain feedback from Materials Planners on suppliers' delivery, quality, and service performance.
- Support, execute, and contribute to improving Jabil SCM initiatives and strategies.
- Analyze and project component purchase prices reflecting accurate inventory values for financial periods in the Standard Costing process.
- Provide input to determine Quoted Cost to the Customer, ensuring competitiveness while maximizing Materials Price Variance (MPV).
- Continuously optimize MPV by reducing material costs and limiting unfavorable PPV/MPV. Work with BUM to obtain customer authorization for additional expenses such as premiums on materials, freight, and tooling charges incurred on customers' behalf.
- Collaborate with Materials Planners, monitor, track, and provide feedback on suppliers' performance for continuous improvement.
- Ensure suppliers support Jabil's overall business needs, working with Materials Planners.
- Adhere to all safety and health regulations associated with the position and follow procedures within the company security policy.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Effective presentation skills for information dissemination to various audiences.
- Problem-solving skills, including data collection, establishing facts, and drawing valid conclusions.
- Proficiency in operating a personal computer with a Windows-based operating system and related software.
- Basic writing skills for simple correspondence and ability to read and understand visual aids.
- Application of common-sense understanding to carry out simple instructions.
- Ability to deal with standardized situations with occasional or no variables.
- Reading and comprehension skills for simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Proficiency in basic arithmetic, including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division with whole numbers, fractions, and decimals.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BENEFITS WITH JABIL
Along with growth, stability, and the opportunity to be challenged, Jabil offers a competitive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental, Prescription Drug, and Vision Insurance with HRA and HSA options
- 401K match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Life, AD&D, and Disability Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Pet Insurance
- Adoption Assistance
- Annual Merit Increases
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact the Federal Bureau of Investigations internet crime hotline (www.ic3.gov), the Federal Trade Commission identity theft hotline (www.identitytheft.gov) and/or your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.