The Lead Material Quotation Spec effectively leads and coordinates material quotation activities for a sector-based team of Material Quotation Specialists. This involves analyzing and managing incoming and outgoing material quote packages for timeliness, completeness, and competitiveness. In addition, this role successfully develops competitive custom mechanical material cost solutions utilizing Jabil’s approved supply base, which includes coordinating efforts of Material Quote Analysts to meet project timelines, tooling and supply chain requirements for each proposal.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Demonstrate expertise in quoting materials.
· Manage and develop a supply base that can provide strong support to the specific sector.
· Negotiate best possible pricing solution from the supply base.
· Analyze and Develop the Supply Base for use in Quoting Materials
· Support all material quotation activities with the sector.
· Review quote with commodity management as necessary.
· Engage in a weekly communication forum for the exchange of ideas and information with the team
· Assist with the definition, development, and implementation of material quotation models to meet Jabil’s business needs.
· Develop effective relationships with business management to ensure that quote management is fully involved with new business opportunities.
· Drive continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management.
· Ensure the efficient and timely exchange of information to ensure best practices are shared throughout the Jabil organization.
· Identify custom mechanical material requirements, develop supply chain strategy (with Regional Commodity Management and Tooling Management), and coordinate Material Quote Analysts for quote proposal development, resulting in 100% ownership of the full quote process to ensure correct and on-time delivery.
· Identify information required to develop accurate quotes from the supply base and ensures its availability or requests it from the Project Manager responsible for the given quote.
· Lead quote kick-off meetings for all assigned quote projects.
· Review and analyze recommended supplier quotes to provide complete costed BOM proposals to the internal Jabil customer.
· Maintain relationships with Jabil supply base used for quoting activities.
· Support Commodity Management by maintaining knowledge of suppliers for custom mechanical commodities.
· Maintain list of Jabil-approved suppliers for various commodities (provided by Regional Commodity Management).
· Provide feedback to (and receive input from) Regional Quote Manager, Material Quote Analysts and Regional Commodity Managers regarding potential new suppliers to be included in quoting activities.
· Review and analyze quotes with Regional Commodity Managers and Material Quotations Supervisor to ensure that proposal submission is consistent with the supply chain strategy, ability to supply and customer’s needs.
· Obtain feedback for customer proposals and identify changes in process, tools, and execution to improve future submissions.
· Ensure all sensitive and confidential information is handled appropriately.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Strong system and computer skills, including spreadsheets, databases, and word processing applications.
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as mechanical drawings, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
· Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
· Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
· Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
· Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
· Strong analytical and multi-tasking skills, with attention to detail.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
· Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
· Ability to identify and resolve issues with limited supervision.
· Ability to analyze and process information where standardization is limited.
· Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style.
· Exercise a good working knowledge of materials, assembly and fabrication processes, and sources of supply to support a competitive supply chain strategy for each quote proposal.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.