ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Inspects construction work to ensure compliance with design documents.
· Interprets construction work to ensure compliance with contract drawings and specifications.
· Prepares related reports (such as Monthly Progress Report). Maintains required reports of daily construction activities.
· Prepares job-related correspondence; conducts contract/customer meetings.
· Informs senior engineer of specific problems and completion schedules.
· Recommends solutions to specific construction problems.
· Submits applications and other data to regulatory agencies for review.
· Reviews and approves (if necessary) monthly contractor cost estimate. Reviews change orders.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Basic knowledge of construction techniques, standards and applications required.
· Must have strong customer skills and a good understanding of other technical interface activities.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
· Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
· Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
· Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.