The Logistics Supervisor oversees the process of all Customer/Vendor Material Change planning of Inbound materials from Suppliers through the Enterprise Transportation Management System (TMS).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
LEADERSHIP AND SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
Recruitment and Retention:
- Recruit, interview and hire Logistics Planners & Logistics Coordinators.
- Communicate criteria to recruiters for Logistics Planners & Logistics Coordinator position candidates.
- Monitor team member turnover; identify key factors that can be improved; make improvements.
Employee and Team Development:
- Identify individual and team strengths and development needs on an ongoing basis.
·Create and/or validate training curriculum in area of responsibility.
- Coach and mentor Logistics Site and regional staff to deliver excellence to every internal and external customer.
- Create and manage succession plans for Logistics Planners & Logistics Coordinator functions.
- Establish clear measurable goals and objectives by which to determine individual and team results (i.e. operational metrics, results against project timelines, training documentation, attendance records, knowledge of operational roles and responsibilities, personal development goals).
- Solicit ongoing feedback from business unit management, peers and team member on team member’s contribution to the team.
- Provide ongoing coaching and counseling to team member based on feedback.
- Perform team member evaluations professionally and on time.
- Drive individuals and the team to continuously improve in key operational metrics and the achievement of the organizational goals.
- Coordinate activities of large teams and keep them focused in times of crises.
- Ensure recognition and rewards are managed fairly and consistently in area of responsibility.
- Provide communication forum for the exchange of ideas and information with the department.
- Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style.
- Ask questions; encourage input from team members.
- Assess communication style of individual team members and adapt own communication style accordingly.
TECHNICAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Own all inbound deliveries business cases for all BU’s on the TMS within Jabil. Some requiring TMS testing
- Act as the primary point of contact with the customer for all Centralized Logistics issues.
- Interface with the customer daily.
- Travel to Sites for Training when needed (International)
- Facilitate presentations at the customers site at the Director level.
- Communicate with internal and customer Component Engineering teams, Suppliers and Vendors regarding logistics qualification requirements, component changes and supporting logistics documents/packaging
- Train workcell on logistics process requirements
- Review Frt. Claim cases with Risk Office as required
- Track OTP Delivery
- Coordinate shipment of samples from suppliers for qualification purposes
- Coordinate internal processing/receiving of samples for logistics qualification purposes
- Track and communicate Logistics process compliance status with customer
- Coordinate and follow up on qualification status with Production site
- Track lead time changes necessary for logistics optimization
- Generate and present weekly, bi-weekly and monthly MCN and EDVT metrics in detail using but not limited to tools such as charts, graphs and presentations as required by Business Unit
- Coordinate, track and/or communicate status of logistics qualifications for all Jabil/Customer sites
- Foresee and coordinate opportunities for additional Jabil Global support with customer
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university OR minimum of three years related experience and/or training; Travel domestically and internationally required.
Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of company’s software packages. Ability to write advanced reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers and peers. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to speak intelligently to customer requests and represent Jabil in a professional manner.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Strong analytic skills, trouble shooting abilities and multitasking abilities as well as identifying and resolving issues with limited supervision.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Individual may be required to sit, stand, walk regularly and occasionally lift 0-15 lbs. Be accessible to production floor, attendance at meetings with indirect and direct team members, supervisors, management and customers. Specific vision requirements include reading of written documents and use of computer monitor screen frequently.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Individual’s primary workstation is located in the office area, but a great deal of time will be spent each day on the manufacturing floor. The noise level in the work environment ranges from low to moderate.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description reflects the general duties of the job but is not a detailed description of all duties which may be inherent to this position. Jabil Circuit may assign reasonably related additional duties to individual team members, consistent with company policies.
Employee Acknowledgement: ___________________
Department Manager: _____________________________
By signing this job description, I affirm that I am able to perform all the essential duties and functions of the job.
Signing this job description does not imply or cannot be considered as part of an employment contract.
Jabil Circuit Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.