Under direct supervision, responsible for operating automated manufacturing equipment for Jabil manufactured assemblies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Perform routine equipment set-up, operation, and adjustment.
· Coordinate with other team members to set up machines according to set-up sheets.
· Ensure board loader and feeders are continually kept loaded with the correct parts, and prepares for next part run by loading feeders for next run before needed.
· Maintain and load solder screen printer; operates LSM machine to check amount of solder paste applied to boards; enters data into CIQ system.
· Maintain orderly work area by tubing fallout parts, and cleaning area and machines as needed.
· Monitor machine rejects to assure that parts are being sorted and ran on a daily basis.
· Maintain necessary documentation.
· May perform basic quality auditing, testing, and troubleshooting functions.
· Ensure that assigned area is clean and organized.
· Work direction may additionally be communicated verbally through visual aids and set-up sheets.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
High school diploma or equivalent required; and six months to one-year experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be able to obtain and maintain all required job related certifications.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Must be able to calculate quantity of parts to be prepped and ready for use at any time. Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Individual may be required to sit, stand or walk. Reaching, bending, loading, and unloading of boards and reels is mandatory, as is lifting of up to 35 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and use of microscope and/or magnifying glass.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Individual’s primary workstation is located on the manufacturing floor. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
Successful applicants will have to fulfill all prerequisites for contracts. Certain position may require US Citizenship.
Jabil is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.