Machining Technical Business Coordinator
Build your career with Jabil! We challenge and empower you to make most of your talents, working with outstanding colleagues from diverse backgrounds who share your drive and passion to make Jabil grow!
The Machining Technical Business Unit Coordinator manages the alignment of assigned customer’s technology road map and Jabil’s Technology road map in the CNC world. This role works independently, leads large scale projects/programs for designated client(s) or for internal needs and support large quotation activities, as well as provides management and guidance to multi-functional project teams.
This role is a single-point-of-contact to the customer for dedicated project related activities and for quotation exercises while managing and enhancing customer relationships with technical peers in the area of new business development and associated machining technology.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for management of key projects or for multiple, related projects / programs aligned with an assigned Business Unit’s strategy.
- Works with internal and external customers to provide excellent customer satisfaction and exceed customer expectations.
- Present and sell Jabil’s Technology Solutions to assigned customer(s) or program(s). Must be professional and comfortable doing presentations to external senior level engineers and managers.
- Determine and develop customer requirements, needs and desires to best apply Jabil’s services
- Work in relationship with business leaders/account directors to target new opportunities with current or new customers.
- Support business development activities: quotes, customer visits, etc.
- Represent the customer technical point of contact during quotation exercise, especially when several sites are involved.
- Coordinate, review and submit quotation data to the customer
- Translate business requirements and specifications originating in the business unit or from the customer.
- Sporadically assist with business and/or contract negotiations
- Collect information from sites on their machining needs and synthetize in a dedicated roadmap
- Develop, as SME in machining technology, the standard machining solutions for the different
- families of products
- Work with vendors to identify future innovative solutions in machining space
- Ensure all sensitive and confidential information is handled appropriately.
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Broad manufacturing knowledge (i.e. materials, processes, test, logistics) and special focus on CNC machining processes.
- Strong Experience in Machining/CNC Technologies. Ability to define standard in that domain.
- Jabil tools (Financial system, quote process, etc.)
- Strong Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) skills
- Fundamental knowledge of cost accounting principles
- Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet, and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively; making customer issues a priority.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skill in leading and directing project teams and in delivering project
- Strong project and/or program management skills
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to effectively present information to senior management and/or customer technical and business personnel.
- Demonstrates independent and systematic working.
- Business fluent language skills in English. Any European language is an advantage.
- Some experience in customer relationship in a production environment
- Previous experience working in a regulated industry, such as Medical Device will be appreciated.
- Master of Science Degree from an accredited institution / university in Mechanical, Electronic or Automation Engineering or a related technical degree or equivalent.
Machining expertise is essential for that position :
- in order to support all customer activities in RFQ aroud implants and instruments manufacturing.
- in order to support machinng strategies for the different sites and different product families
- in order to support the definition of machining technologies for new product coming along and including integration of the machining a full E2E process analysis
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.