This is a journeyman level machinist position where the operator can operate most or all machines in the shop.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operate a wide variety of machine tool equipment such as a drill press, lathe, milling machine, CNC, and other hand and power machines.
- Works from blueprints, sketches, production diagrams, engineering drawings and verbal instructions to fabricate a variety of machined components.
- Makes shop calculations using handbook formulas to layout patterns and determine tooling feeds and speeds.
- Inspects parts using precision measuring tools such as micrometers, dial indicators, and calipers.
- Programs a variety of machines.
- Provide work leadership to others.
- Determines the best method for making a part, set-up machines for the job including designing and making tools and jigs, and select the proper stock
- Monitor machine while working to adjust the feed, speed, and identify fabrication issues
- Safety is an integral part of the Jabil environment working safe and keeping a safe work area are critical to the function of the job
- Monitor output to ensure consistency with specifications and discard defects
- Work with production control to allocate jobs to the machinists so that work is completed on schedule and everyone is doing their fair share of work
- Ensure that there are sufficient resources to get work out on schedule. This includes manpower, machinery, tooling, material, etc.
- Maintain equipment and perform preventive maintenance. Maintain records of maintenance. Arrange for outside service repair of equipment as required.
- Train new employees if assigned.
- Performs other job functions as assigned
- Ability to read complex math and angles
- Excellent manual dexterity, accuracy, and attention to detail
- Experience in using and/or programming manual, semi-automated or automated tools and machines (lathes, grinders etc.)
- Ability to use precision tools (e.g. calipers) to take accurate measurements
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, and manuals
- Knowledge of metal properties and other material
- Outstanding mathematical skills and analytical abilities
- Physical stamina and strength to lift heavy items
- Regular, reliable, and punctual attendance is an essential function of the job
- Must be able and willing to work any shift
- Capable of performing some heavy labor, ability to lift 50-75 lbs.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High School/GED or higher education preferred
- 8+ years experience as a machinist; familiarity with CNC, Lathe, and manual machines a plus
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training, or experience.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.