- Job Description
***SIGN-ON BONUS OF $1,500USD*** (T&Cs Apply)
- Under close supervision performs a variety of routine duties related to manual and automated assembly and or packaging. Assembles items at a pace consistent with the speed of the assembly line.
- Assembles component parts, sub-assemblies or completed units. Includes electronic, electro-mechanical, mechanical, structural products, instrument, and plastic parts assembly.
- May also be responsible for final inspection and packaging of completed assemblies to ensure compliance with all quality standards.
Key Responsibilities and End Results: (Essential responsibilities include but are not limited to the following):
- Performs a variety of repetitive operations to assemble precision, electromechanical or mechanical subassemblies where methods and sequence of assembly are clearly written and described.
- Assembles components at a pace consistent with the speed of the assembly line, occasionally performing two or more assembly operations simultaneously.
- Performs bar code transactions using Nypro Worldwide Bar Code System.
- Fits, aligns, calibrates and adjusts parts and mechanisms to meet tolerances and product operating requirements, using various common hand tools and automated assembly tools such as drill press, ultra-sonic welders, heat and punch presses.
- May operate a variety of machines including drilling and tapping machines, solvent bonding equipment, decorating/painting machines such as hotstampers and pad printers, ultra-sonic welders, date coders, and shrink-wrap machines.
- Performs visual and dimensional inspection of parts to ensure conformance to specifications.
- May be required to work with quality plans.
- Monitors automation system for outputs (yield & utilization) and general performance.
- Complete tracking documents and other related paperwork as required.
- May assist in the set-up of an assigned assembly station.
- May occasionally service automated system(s) for component replenishment and audible alarms.
- Visually inspects component parts and assemblies, checking for defects that vary from quality standards.
- May prepare boxes, pack, seal and label product(s).
- Learns machine cleaning as required.
- Learns to apply and support lean manufacturing principles.
- Supports all company safety and quality programs and initiatives.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned from time to time as needed, based on the evolution of the company and the requirements of the department/position.
Job Specifications : The minimum education and experience required to perform this job competently.
- High School Diploma/GED and 0 years related experience.
- Ability to read and write in English, Ability to perform basic math and interpret and execute work instructions
- At least 20/40 near vision
- Occasionally lifting or moving average weight material (up to 25 lbs)
- Repetitive hand work and grasping of small components
Organization Linkages: List the titles of individuals and organizations with which this position has the most frequent and significant contact. Briefly describe the nature of those contacts.
- Manufacturing Team
- Quality Team
- Supply Chain Team
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.