Plans, directs, and coordinates the operations of productions, machinery, processing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
Recruitment and Retention:
· Recruit, interview and hire Manufacturing Supervisors and Group Leads.
· Coach Manufacturing Supervisors and Group Leads in the interviewing/hiring process.
· Monitor team member turnover; identify key factors that can be improved; make improvements.
· Manage the hiring activities as per workcell business forecast outlook
Employee and Team Development:
· Identify individual and team strengths and development needs on an ongoing basis.
· Create and/or validate training curriculum in area of responsibility.
· Coach and mentor Manufacturing Supervisors and Group Leads to deliver excellence to every internal and external customer.
· Create and manage succession plans for Manufacturing Supervisors and Group Leads
· Establish clear measurable goals and objectives by which to determine individual and team results (i.e. operational metrics, results against project timelines, training documentation, attendance records, knowledge of operational roles and responsibilities, personal development goals).
· Solicit ongoing feedback from Workcell members, Business Unit Manager (BUM), and Manufacturing Manager on Manufacturing Manager’s contribution to the team. Provide ongoing coaching and counseling to Manufacturing Manager based on feedback.
· Express pride in staff and encourage them to feel good about their accomplishments.
· Perform team member evaluations professionally and on time.
· Drive individuals and the team to continuously improve in key operational metrics and the achievement of the organizational goals.
· Coordinate activities of large teams and keep them focused in times of crises.
Business Strategy and Direction:
· Know and understand the campus strategic directions.
· Define, develop and implement a Manufacturing strategy, which contributes to the campus strategic directions.
· Provide regular updates to Manufacturing and Workcell Manager on the execution of the strategy.
· Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value-added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
· Utilize tools to monitor departmental cost and cost trends, striving continuously to improve value.
· Provide feedback to BUMs, WCMs, Functional Counter parts on cost and cost trends.
TECHNICAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
· Drive continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management.
· Assess the adequacy of data gathering methods utilized by the workcells.
· Assure that procedures and work instructions are efficient and not redundant.
· Offer new ideas and suggestions for improvement. Identify and implement new practices and processes that are “best in field.”
· Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet, and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively; making customer issues a priority.
· Periodically “get down in the trenches” to rehabilitate troubled workcells or to help during product launch. Foster a “back to basics” mentality during these times. Lead by example; “Walk the talk.”
· Establish new measurement systems if/where appropriate.
- Experience in managing around 2000+ direct employees
- Ability to read, analyze, interpret and communicate regarding common scientific and/or technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to top management and public groups.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.