Planners are responsible for developing and ensuring the execution of an achievable two-week production schedule.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Schedule production activity in synch with MPS.
- Run planned orders in two-week buckets to detail what boards are to be built.
- Ensure Prep-Parts can and is keeping up with the build schedule.
- Focus on minimizing changeovers and production schedule changes while maintaining the integrity of the production board revision.
- Run clean-to-starts, on-time production shipments, EPS maintenance, purge, ECN, and deviation management, maintaining of a handbook.
- Meet daily with the Master Planner and manufacturing to assess production schedules, (adjust as necessary, based on production results), optimize run quantities, and minimize changeovers, to achieve 100% on time delivery.
- At a minimum, run weekly clean-to-starts to determine any existing material shortages that need to be expedited. Follow up with appropriate Purchasing personnel to ensure commitments are achieved.
- Work with Manufacturing Line Manager(s), Purchasing, and Inventory Control to recommend long term resolutions to shortages due to lack of material control on the production floor.
- At a minimum, conduct readiness meetings on New Products as well as revision changes five days prior to the build.
- Ensure that shipments made are routed to the correct destination, as well as the creation and maintenance of Sales Orders if that duty is placed on the Planner.
- Maintain Jabil packout module, EPS, or equivalent packout system.
- Manage the Deviation/ECN/Purge processes.
- Understand all product production flow.
- Maintain handbook on position by workcell.
- Continuous coordination and follow up with the workcell team.
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- At least two (2) years of experience required.
- Experience with PRODUCTION planning a must
- Experience with Electronic Component manufacturing considered a strong plus
- APICS Certification
- Inventory Control experience considered a strong plus
- Strong ability to function in a fast paced, fluid environment
- Proven ability to multitask and prioritize business needs as required
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.