The Sr Principal Engineer is a master expert who designs, fabricates, modifies, evaluates and documents molded assemblies, components, and systems to produce or improve company products and facilitate manufacturing operations. This role develops data and makes preliminary sketches, lay-outs and notes required to present design proposals.
In addition, researches basic design factors such as ease of manufacture and availability of materials and equipment while working with other organizations impacted by design development. May perform work in a specific sub-specialty such as Automation, Mechanical Engineering, Mold Design, or Tooling.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Cutting edge expert in the design and development of complex plastic molded sub-assemblies, components, and packaging.
· Exercises independent judgment and works on unusually sensitive or state of the art projects.
· Develops innovative, advanced, and often untested design concepts requiring complex molded solutions.
· Leads customer product design engineering for economic production and serves as technical interface and/or company representative with customers.
· Directs manufacturing in trouble-shooting problems, upgrades, retrofits, set-ups, and methods development.
· Leads product development meetings and makes recommendations to product design changes to enhance manufacturing and assembly.
· Constantly researching new technology or development tools to identify innovative techniques and processes for application to complex design projects.
· Thorough understanding of Nypro Lean Six Sigma tools, projects and processes and ability to incorporate these into assigned engineering projects.
· Lead role large, complex projects with broad scope and implications for organization.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.