Jabil EMS (Electronic Manufacturing Services) based in Blanchardstown, Dublin 15 are currently recruiting for a experienced Quality Technician to assist the Quality Engineering function as technical support in issues affecting manufacturing, to support and drive corrective action efforts and to support the drive for continuous improvement at Jabil. Working hours will be 3.15pm until 11.15pm, Monday to Thursday and Friday 2.15pm to 9.15pm (39 hour working week).
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Verify material conformance to specifications. Interprets company and industrial specifications.
- Gather and maintain specific records of technical data related to materials, tools, fixtures and processes used in company
- Assist inspectors as first point of contact for defects and issues.
- Collects and analyzes data using statistical analysis methods
- Assist Quality Engineers with follow up on the execution of, Engineering Change Notice (ECN) and Corrective Action and Preventive Action (CAPA).
- Review non-conformance material and products.
- Support production with troubleshooting and defect resolution.
- Ensure capability studies are performed on critical processes.
- Perform first article inspection, review visual aids, and make updates to inspection visual aids.
- Perform defect analysis reporting.
- Perform line and product audits.
- Assist Quality Engineering in application of Advance Quality Planning (AQP).
- Implement the Layered Process Audit (LPA) and Quick Response Quick Control (QRQC) process and monitor effectiveness.
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- BS degree in science or engineering. May substitute relevant experience in lieu of educational requirement.
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience as a Quality Technician, preferably in the electronic manufacturing industry, however other industries will be considered.
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic individual with strong communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work with cross functional teams.
- Strong planning & organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Decision making ability coupled with the ability to work on one’s own initiative and with minimum supervision is required.
- Proficiency in the English language is a requirement alongside eligibility to work in Ireland.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines.
- A “can do” work ethic with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email management systems, online chat and ability to learn in-house systems quickly.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.