Support FA team in the implementation component level analysis. Be the focal person for all component issues.
Work closely with the Customer Component Engineers in the component test procedure.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Support FA team in identifying, sourcing and the implementation of new/alternate components that is of equal or greater performance
- Be the focal person for all component issues that stem from failure.
- Develop, implement and maintain a "Component Data Module” that will allow team members to identify the failure route cause
- Drive supplier for failure analysis root cause and preventive action. Summarize and present to the customer.
- Work closely with the Customer’s Component Engineers in the component test procedure. Will also work closely with the Failure Analysis/Debug Engineers.
- Must consider environmental & safety & health issues when initiating a new project or new product or new production line.
- Wear right PPE and operate safety, attend occupational disease medical examination fire drill and EHS training.
Bachelors of Science in Electronics or Electrical Engineering from four-year college or university preferred; or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is frequently required to walk, and to lift and carry PC’s and test equipment weighing up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and use of computer monitor screens a great deal of time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Individual’s primary workstation is located in the office area, with some time spent each day on the manufacturing floor. The noise level in this environment ranges from low to moderate.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.