Responsible for winning new business and expanding the existing business throughout the plants.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
TECHNICAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
Review Customer Documentation
· Business plans, manufacturing agreements and contracts.
· PO terms and conditions, LOA’s and LOI’s, etc.
· Provide guidance in contract negotiation.
· Monitor customer satisfaction, service awards and workcell achievements.
Operational Guidance and Input
· Assess, Guide and Advise On Plant Loading and Capacity Conflicts.
· Provide Input On Manufacturing Requirements.
Sales and New Business Unit Support
· Assist in targeting customers and industries appropriate for Jabil.
· Establish customer contacts at the appropriate levels.
· Support business development activities: quotes, customer visits, etc.
· Monitor customer/product transfers & site expansion.
· Develop and maintain expertise in specific industry sector.
· Develop specific plans for each factory together with BUD’s, sales team and operations.
· Assess need for design, NPI, SI and DF capabilities.
· Develop current and future business expectations and drive within organization.
· Lead and participate in quarterly reviews at each site.
· Support sales effort of BUD’s, BUM’s, corporate staff and sales organization.
· Keep corporate management informed of changing market conditions within region.
· Clearly understand all operational elements of Jabil’s Business.
· Provide innovative global solutions to customer needs.
· Provide and encourage competitive information feedback on submitted customer quotes.
· Assist with integration of mergers and acquisition activities into mainstream.
· Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet, and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively; making customer issues a priority.
· Exchange knowledge and information with other Jabil facilities to ensure best practices are shared throughout the Jabil organization.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Ability to read, analyze, interpret and communicate regarding common scientific and/or technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
· Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
· Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
· Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
· Ability to tailor advanced quality tools training to all levels of the organization.
· Multilingual a plus.
· Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
· Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
· Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
· Strong knowledge of global and regional logistics operations and industry.
· Strong proficiency in determining logistics requirements to enable company’s business goals and objectives with ability to devise and implement strategy to achieve targets.
· Strong financial and analytical ability. Proficiency in managing business analytics to determine optimum company footprint.
· Strong knowledge of international direct and indirect taxes as well as global customs regimes.
· Proven track record of successful change management accomplishments, implementing and management continuous productivity and cost reduction programs.
· Strong and convincing communication skills.
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor's Degree from four-year University or Technical Degree preferred.
· 3-5 years Jabil experience preferred.
· Willingness to travel as required.
· Or a combination of education, experience and/or training.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree (in a technical discipline preferred)
- Minimum 7-10 years of account management, sales, or business development/product management experience; ideally in lasers/components for telecom and MSO
- Previous experience selling to telecom/MSO customers in NA
- Ability to fluently speak English (preferable Mandarin as well)
- Experience working in multi-site and multi-culture environments a plus.
- Strong selling skills.
- In-depth knowledge of Passive Optical products and Coherent Transceivers.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.