Provides technical leadership and is responsible for determining the direction for the IT architecture, standards, design and
implementation approaches for the company’s application systems, infrastructure and/or network-based cloud product
systems. Creates, evaluates and implements plans and design proposals for high impact IT solutions and their use involving
leading edge technologies and methods considering key factors such as their long-term effectiveness (service delivery and
cost), practicality, technical limitations and criticality. This is an expert-level role requiring independent action to establish
methods and procedures on new and/or special assignments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Know and understand Jabil business strategy
· Know and understand Jabil IT strategy & objectives
· Define the overall solution architecture consistent with Jabil’s methodology
· Be responsible for the technical solution by providing leadership for the customer, project manager, domain
architects, domain specialists and application engineers to advance and deliver solutions
· Consult and Inform Enterprise Architects and Senior IT Architects to design and deliver solutions
· Earn trust of clients and management
· Assess merits of alternative technical approaches and gain consensus for best approach
· Learn, follow, promote, and improve recognized methodologies to design and deliver solutions
· Ensure that the non-functional requirements are satisfied including, but not limited to, security, disaster recovery,
availability, and performance
· Researches technology and industry trends to hone both personal and Jabil’s competitive edge
· Through modeling or prototyping, validate solution prior to full implementation
· Develop expertise in one of the following disciplines: Enterprise Architecture, Business Architecture, Information
Architecture, Application Architecture, Technology Infrastructure Architecture
· Mentor IT professionals
· Develop project plans and influence project organization
· Apply recognized system sizing methodology
· Vet change(s) with respect to scope, schedule, cost, risk, etc.
· Cross train staff to reduce delivery risk
· Define processes & methods necessary to support delivery/deployment
· Define management tools to support production environment
· Utilize Lean Six Sigma or other methods to identify & provide guidance on organizational improvement
· Perform root cause analysis and remediation actions
· Contribute to Jabil IP though development and submission of patents
Policy & Procedures
· Comply with IT policy, procedure, and process
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy
Training & Development · Define technical job content & qualifications of key roles required to support technical infrastructure · Work closely with management to assess and aid the development of staff skill sets · Assist management to assess and help resolve staffing knowledge gaps Communication · Publish and present to customers, IT leaders and business executives · Engage with vendors and third parties as needed · Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style · Ask questions; encourage input from staff · Develop peer relationships with Senior IT Architects
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
· Typically reports to management.
· The purpose of this role is not primarily managerial, and the job is typically NOT directly responsible for managing
employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
· Understanding of all architectural components and their interrelationships
· Knowledge of Software Engineering and Architectural Principles and methods
· Solid presentation and written communication skills
· Good judgment and the ability to handle stressful situations
· Team lead experience in application development
· Knowledge and experience of one or more languages e.g., Java, C#, etc.
· Knowledge and experience with server-side technologies
· Knowledge and experience with client-side technologies e.g., Node, Angular
· Knowledge and experience working in an Agile methodology
· Knowledge of SOA, including REST, SOAP, API Management, and other integration patterns e.g. ESB, EIP, etc.
· Knowledge of relational databases and SQL
· Knowledge of UML or ArchiMate
· Knowledge of cloud technologies
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor’s degree required
· Post-graduate degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems expected
· Minimum 12 years of experience in a related discipline
· Or, equivalent combination of education, training, or experience
· Open CA Level 1: Certified
· TOGAF 9 Foundation
· ArchiMate 3 FoundatioThis job cannot be performed remotely in the state of Colorado.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.