Senior Accountant reporting to the Senior Finance Manager, assisting in various aspects of the Financial Accounting function at Singapore Global Business Center.
Reporting and Analysis
- Perform full financial close process, ensuring timely and accurate submission of financial reports.
- Perform general ledger accounting, prepare monthly account reconciliations and variance analysis.
- Collaborate closely with Shared Services and Finance sub-teams on financial accounting matters.
- Organize and participate in internal month-end financial statements close reviews.
- Perform accounting analysis on business transactions.
- Manage financial reporting and information requests from stakeholders.
- Manage finance operations in collaboration with Shared Service Center and various functions. Provide resolution on relevant operational matters.
- Manage and review processes, including solutions for improvement.
- Manage external and internal audit requirements.
- Ensure finance related processes, policies and deliverables, are compliant with SOX baseline and controls.
- Prepare statutory financial statements under Singapore Financial Reporting Standards and Companies Act.
- Ensure compliance requirements and submissions for statutory and governmental regulations are met:
- Singapore tax incentive tracking
- Singapore Corporate Income Tax computation for annual tax return
- Quarterly GST return
- Withholding tax
- Contribute and provide support in finance related projects and assignments, which includes driving process improvement projects.
- System user testing.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Degree in Accountancy or equivalent professional qualifications (ACCA or CPA).
- Possess good knowledge of SOX, US GAAP, SFRS.
- Possess strong technical accounting skills.
- At least 5 years of financial accounting experience in a Multi-National Corporation.
- Initial years of audit experience in a “Big Four” firm highly preferred.
- Strong proficiency in SAP and Excel.
- Experience in use of Cognos, TM1, will be a plus.
- Proficient in Mandarin skills as the successful person will need to liaise with counterparts/stakeholders in China
- Independent and with the ability to work under pressure within tight deadlines.
- Highly adaptive and resourceful, with the ability to function in a dynamic environment.
- Proactive and self-driven.
- Positive and willing to learn quickly.
- Possess an analytical mindset, with good problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous and detail oriented.
- Possess good people management, with the ability to work collaboratively in various teams across functions.
- Customer-oriented (internal and external) with excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.