Primary Functional Responsibilities
- Establish and maintain relationships with the key business and technology stakeholders who the firm's executive team have given the budget and authority to fund product development and make decisions regarding product capabilities and priorities. Extend this to external stakeholders when vendor or partner/ecosystem relationships matter to product success.
- Educate key stakeholders as needed to create a better understanding of software product development life cycle, key concepts, build and operate costs.
- Facilitate and drive alignment among key stakeholders, to lead them to converge on the technical product strategy, vision and roadmap.
- Work within the product budget established in consultation with business sponsors and product-line management by balancing resources across vision development, prototyping, product development and maintenance.
- Work with key stakeholders to make frequent and dynamic prioritization decisions based on the latest metrics and customer feedback. Define, track and communicate key product performance indicators as required to inform this process, and track business results.
- Help key stakeholders develop and refine business and pricing models for the product , whether directly (through a subscription, for example) or indirectly (based on advertising, or internal).
- Bring the product to market by ensuring the firm is prepared to deliver and service the product throughout its life cycle. When serving internal customers, product managers should ensure that the organization is prepared to deliver and support the entire business capability (including all of its human, organizational, process and physical aspects, such as training for call-center agents).
- Continually monitor and refine the product (if required) or collaborate with the appropriate IT service managers to ensure compliance with SLAs and OLAs.
- Drive quarterly business reviews and the accomplishments of the team.
- Act as the "keeper (and communicator) of the vision" to translate the product strategy and vision developed with business stakeholders into what the product team must bear in mind every day to ensure they are building the right product.
- Define the product roadmap based on business outcomes by operating at the level of defining which business capabilities the product should have, and what business outcomes those capabilities should achieve, but not at the level of actually writing "user stories."
- Provide governance and direction to product delivery teams by staying in regular contact.
- Collaborate and coordinate with other senior leaders from business and IT , to avoid duplication and manage dependencies.
- Assist interdependent teams in synchronizing their work , so that when trade-offs have to be made, they are made consistent with the leadership’s view of the overall priorities for the product.
- Coordinate with other stakeholders tactically such as business, security, legal, compliance, risk, data and IT architects to align product architectures and capabilities according to agreed goals for nonfunctional requirements. Platform product managers will be especially key to this conversation, as architecture decisions at the platform level have broad impact and significance for the success of many products.
- Be the advocate for nonfunctional requirements and make sure that technical debt receives sufficient priority relative to functional requirements, in order to ensure success for the product throughout its entire life cycle, instead of just maximizing the functionality of the first release.
- Bring an entrepreneurial and innovation mindset to continually look for opportunities to create new business value for customers.
- A master's degree in business administration is preferred, but not required.
- Equivalent work experience can also qualify a person as long as they possess the skills and capabilities outlined below.
- Demonstrable track record of delivering transformational initiatives to deliver business value.
- Demonstrable track record of innovating within their remit.
- Demonstrable strategic planning and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrable ability to effectively develop and maintain strong working relationships with senior stakeholders in business and IT.
- Demonstrable experience of engaging executives and other stakeholders to support important business decisions.
- Demonstrable ability to develop software product strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to executive management through excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Servant leader mindset with strong problem-solving skills, high energy and “team first” attitude.
- Ability to both influence senior business and IT leaders that are not in their chain of command.
- Desire and ability to effectively drive change.
- Demonstrable track record of building and leading global, culturally and demographically diverse, geographically distributed teams composed of both FTEs and partner resources.
- Experience with organizational and workforce design.
- Demonstrable track record of managing cost center and/or project budgets.
- Demonstrable experience in strategizing, building and operating software products.
- (Preferred) Experience with IoT-based solutions.
- (Preferred) Demonstrable knowledge of the product management discipline, through assisting a more-senior product manager, or from interning in a product management organization while in college.
- Solid technical background with hands-on software development experience.
- Basic familiarity with the principles of design thinking, and lean and agile software delivery.
- Basic familiarity with CI/CD pipelines.
- More than three years working in or with lean and agile software delivery teams (preferred)
- (Preferred) Experience with SAFe or other comparable frameworks.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.