Build your career with Jabil! We challenge and empower you to make most of your talents, working with outstanding colleagues from diverse backgrounds who share your drive and passion to make Jabil grow!
The Senior Project Manager manages functionally one or several project and supports external and/or internal customer relationships as needed. Technically capable of developing, managing and delivering medium to high complexity technical projects, this role partners mainly with business units to appropriately help the local project lead to develop of the business proposals, define and deliver the User Requirement Specification (URS), project schedule and financials. In the case of the first application of a standard technology, the support to the project execution and full deployment is also part of the responsibility of that position.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Elaborates standardized solutions to answer production need across the globe including US and EU sites. Interact with the procurement to transform ideas into real partnership with vendors and support the deployment of such solutions in the different plants
- Responsible to communicate on those standardized solutions across the network
- Identify and recommend transformational process opportunities within and across sites with focus on automated solutions. Leads or participates in such projects.
- Provides direction and technical support in identifying continuous improvements to manufacturing operations and implementing new technologies including development of processes, researching current and emerging technologies and evaluating process quality, cost, capacity and capability alternatives.
- Responsible for ensuring all of the project's technological requirements and/or objectives are correctly gathered, understood and properly translated for execution.
- Supports new equipment acquisition efforts including URS, machine selection, installation, validation, and other related equipment responsibilities as required.
- Develops process validation strategy for complex processes and supports engineering studies, process validation protocols and summary reports (IQ, OQ, PQ, CSV and TMV).
- Uses engineering judgment in anticipating and solving unprecedented engineering problems.
- Responsible for recognizing project's Key Success Indicators and manage the work within scope, quality, time and cost constraints
- Responsible for project risk reviews and appropriate mitigation, responsible for facilitating communication as appropriate to all involved and "manage" the stakeholders. This includes escalate issues to the next level of management
- Accountable for overall project success - including cost, schedule, quality, and scope management.
- Accountable for customer satisfaction / relationship both internal and external
- Provide regular communication forum for the exchange of ideas and information for projects including project status, resolving project issues, problems, and changes.
- Ability to effectively present information to management and/or customer personnel.
- Establish and maintain communications with both customer personnel and senior management or project teams.
- Ability to synthetize needs from different sites, define and communicate with good adhesion on the logical standardized solutions selected.
Business Strategy and Direction
- Assist with business and/or contract negotiations
- Know and understand the strategic direction
- Provide regular updates to Business Unit on the execution of the strategy.
- Bachelor of Science Degree from an accredited institution / university in Mechanical, Electronic or Automation Engineering or a related technical degree.
- Master of Science Degree from an accredited institution / university in Mechanical, Electronic or Automation Engineering or a related technical degree.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Generally, requires minimum (>5) years related experience.
- Experience in machine vision, machining and finishing processes
- Demonstrates a high degree of creativity with regard to the redesign of production processes.
- Demonstrates independent and systematic working.
- Demonstrates leadership qualities including confidence, personal engagement, tenacity & communication.
- Business fluent language skills in English.
- Experience in automation technology
- Multi-year experience in developing and implementing robust technical solutions.
- Previous experience working in a regulated industry, such as Medical Device.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.