Responsible for carrying out tax compliance/accounting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in the timely and accurate preparation/review of federal and state income tax returns and other specified tax returns.
- Participate in the timely and accurate preparation/review of income tax provision calculations under ASC 740
- Improve processes by identifying efficiencies in preparation and information gathering procedures.
- Seek ways to identify tax savings opportunities and work with others, where applicable, to implement those strategies approved by Jabil management.
- Actively maintain and improve the administration of procedures and internal controls within the tax function in accordance with Sarbanes-Oxley §404 compliance
- Perform tax research for tax return items and special projects.
- Collaborate with other departments on cross-functional projects.
- Keep up to date on changes in tax law and related guidance through webcasts, technical reading, and trainings.
- Problem solve potential tax issues identified.
- Train/supervise other employees within the department.
- Select, develop, evaluate and motivate subordinates to provide the department with a source of qualified talent.
- Must be analytical and knowledgeable in accounting procedures and practices and be capable of working independently with general supervision from the Manager/Director
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Typically reports to Management. Direct supervised job title(s) typically include:
- Tax Intern
- Tax Associate
- Tax Associate II
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Experience in analytical tasks and research
- Working knowledge of tax technical rules
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced work environment
- Proficient in tax return software, CorpTax preferred
- Working knowledge in use of Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Taxation. Master’s degree strongly preferred.
- CPA certificate or JD
- Has 5+ years of experience
- OR 3+ Years of experience with Master's degree
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.