The purpose of the position is to manage Assembly Automation projects and initiatives. The Sr. Mgr Automation Engineering leads the development of new automation equipment, works with Healthcare sites from RFQ to PQ Complete and ramping the equipment to meet customer needs. Works along side Program Management for medical device projects / programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Manages and directs the Automation team in the specification of automation equipment including URS definition. May create and draft URS as needed.
· Executes automation project lifecycle - PO to PQ Complete - Design Review, FAT, Installation, SAT, Engineering Studies
· Develops assembly automation solutions to support Diagnostic, PDS and Medical Device division customers.
· Works with multiple Healthcare site and automation vendors.
· Directs site teams on Automation guiding principles inline with JHC World Class Manufacturing initiative
· Works as part of a team of engineers in the development of innovative equipment design and ideas.
· Manages the design, execution and management of all projects to ensure deadline ad budget are met.
· Vendor management and customer interface responsibilities.
· Liaise with other HC sites and other relevant JHC groups to understand their automation needs and find solutions to these needs.
· Ability to effectively present information to management and/or customer personnel.
· During project implementation, leads the preparation, monitoring and evaluation of equipment set-ups, manufacturing layout, and process changes and/or corrective actions.
· Assesses manufacturing and engineering capabilities; identifying and suggesting solutions for any immediate need or enhancements.
· Provide ongoing direction and training on process development, root cause analysis and systematic problem solving.
· Drives proactive participation with suppliers and (when possible) aid in their process improvement efforts.
· Interface and provide technical support on quality issues with the customer as needed.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· SME knowledge of assembly automation processes e.g. US welding, laser welding, leak testing, vision systems.
· Expert knowledge and skill in automation vendor management.
· Advanced knowledge of assembly automation design and installation.
· Advanced knowledge of DFA techniques.
· Demonstrated experience in delivering assembly automation systems from RFQ to PQ Complete for medical device products.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· B.Sc. in Mechanical or Electronics/Electrical Engineering/Controls Engineering
· Minimum 10+ years progressively responsible experience in assembly automation engineering.
· Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
· Statistics knowledge and understanding of Process Capability Studies and GR&R
· Six Sigma certification an advantage
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.