Jabil is seeking a Sr Product Manager that will be based in our Austin, TX office. This position will directly contribute to the transformative growth within the Cloud, Compute & Storage Sector of our EMS Division.
The Sr. Product Manager works within the CTO organization and is critical to setting the portfolio and product direction of the sector. Product managers collaborate with business leaders, customers, technical directors, system architects, and the design team to define and manage the direction of our products while ensuring that Jabil continues to provide world‑class systems and solutions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the overall management of new product programs thru its lifecycle from concept/design to end-of-life. Includes all stages of development through transition to manufacturing.
- For development programs, principal responsibility for:
- Collaborates with customers (internal or external) from requirements gathering through product acceptance stages.
- Program financials – development costs, margin, ROI
- SOW – scope and schedule
- Overall risk management
- Responsible for coordinating for Jabil, its design teams and their deliverables to ensure timely and cost effective product execution globally. The overall scope covers supply chain selection and optimization involved with the products and all factors relating to their development and manufacture – (i.e. time to market, quality, delivery, cost, manufacturability and profitability).
- Main customer focal point for all new product related activity including ESI (Early Supplier Involvement).
- Serves as the interface with customers, vendors, stakeholders and project sponsor(s).
- Develop relationships directly with customer product teams including hardware and software design, marketing, field services, production test, supply chain and operations.
- Communicates project objectives in terms of overall strategic business objectives.
- Devises creative solutions to critical customer and user needs.
- Understand customer’s product development process and take full ownership for deliverables based on the customer’s timeline.
- Work with customer to achieve target pricing for product.
- Maintain clear understanding of both the internal and external requirements, e.g. technologies, cost targets, communication channels/tools, supply chain ownership, volumes, timelines, tooling requirements etc.
- Coordinate planning with all supply chain partners & customer and ensure ownership is defined.
- Develop and manage overall resource plan for the program and address any gaps required (i.e. technology, design, test, tooling, and engineering).
- Develop, track and report on overall program objectives, ensuring all are met on time to agreed deliverables across multiple manufacturing locations.
- Where applicable, coordinate and review quotations from partners/suppliers to determine if the quotations and proposals meet the objectives of the Product. Challenge any anomalies.
- Develop, track and manage the design cost forecast and actual against agreed targets.
- Support quarterly review of pricing process and maintenance of AROD template.
- Ensure effective communication of all relevant customer information both internally and to the supply chain as appropriate.
- Communicate areas for improvement for Jabil and the supply chain (as required), based on feedback from the Customer Product Management Team.
- Responsible for supporting direct supervisor with mentoring and providing guidance to Product Managers
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Typically reports to Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically includes Director of Technology, Technical BUM or Business Unit Director.
- Job is NOT directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance
- Strong knowledge of server and storage products, system requirements, core platform development process including product management aspects of hardware and firmware.
- Knowledgeable of data center infrastructure/environments and cloud computing.
- Knowledgeable in the large-scale deployment of servers and storage systems.
- Analytic and decisive decision maker.
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams among multiple ambiguous and complex projects.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive communicator.
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, flexible, and innovative approach to technical product management.
- Product management and/or product development experience.
- Experience with manufacturing operations and supply chain management.
- Knowledge of the customer – product development, organization, and processes.
- Knowledge of current end-market and market trends – product, technologies, customer requirements, competitors.
- Customer account management.
- Financial ROI analysis.
- Strategic planning, investment proposals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Degree in Business Management, Information Technology or Engineering preferred. Masters or advanced degree in Product Management Preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years industry experience in product management or related role.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.