Under minimal supervision, responsible for setting up and operating manufacturing equipment for Jabil manufacturing product. Also, provide advanced knowledge and support within one or more manufacturing/finishing/inspection/packaging areas.
Overall responsibilities also include:
- High level of initiative and ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Performs high-level training of co-workers in new or improved techniques in all assigned areas.
- Understands and communicates/trains co-workers on quality requirements.
- Ensures appropriate documentation/process sheets are available at workstations.
- Communicate and train intricacies of machines, including set up, off sets and troubleshooting methods.
- Communicate issues arising from daily builds that should be reviewed by a supervisor or engineer and being able to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Interfaces regularly with production, quality, and engineering to resolve quality issues and to give and receive information.
- Works in any other areas of manufacturing as needed and performs other related administrative duties as required.
- Communicates effectively and positively within and between departments.
- Performs special assignments and other related duties when required by Supervisor.
- Prepares necessary documentation and ensures paperwork compliance on all items.
- Works from inspection documentation, specifications, blueprints, written and verbal instruction.
- Develop and demonstrate effective instructor competencies.
- Complete all assigned tasks timely and in a superior quality manner.
- Operate machines when training is not conducted.
- Know and follow all laws and policies that apply to one’s job, and maintain the highest levels of professionalism, ethics and compliance at all times.
- Diligently participate in our compliance program-related activities as denoted by your supervisor or our Chief Compliance Officer.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 5+ years’ experience relevant to assigned specialty function preferably within the Medical Device Industry with an understanding of machined parts with close tolerances and complex geometry.
- Have a working knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) and the interpretation of engineering drawings is preferred.
- Must have an understanding of which measurement and test equipment tools are appropriate for various tasks.
- Trainer Certificate and/or Trainer Leadership Certificate preferred.
- Experience with ERP systems, preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft PC applications, preferred.
- Passion for educating new and existing operators through asking and answering questions to stimulate critical thinking and to draw out ideas and underlying presuppositions.
- Ability to read and interpret measuring instruments, including but not limited to: calipers, micrometers, dial indicators, optical comparators, plug gauges, hardness testers, etc.
- Good math skills, color verification and good hand/eye coordination.
- Ability to communicate and work with various functional groups in a team environment.
- Ability to learn PC applications required.
- Lifting weight up to 20 pounds on regular basis and up to 50 pounds on occasional basis.
- Must be able to stand for scheduled work hours, if necessary.
- High level of concentration and attention to detail required ensuring products are compliant according to internal quality requirements.
Additional Job Description
Job Title Default – Machine Operator III
Management Level – Support Level 4
Job Family – General Manufacturing Operations
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.