Descripción del Trabajo
The Bender Operator sets up, operates, and tends machines to bend and/or straighten stainless steel or other materials.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Read calipers, height gauges, and Vernier scale
· Bend materials to specifications
· Cut material to specifications if needed.
· Perform work in clean safe manner using globes, safety glasses and other safety equipment as needed
· Complete jobs when due, by start date order, or as advised by supervisor
· Compare kit with BOM, 3-view, isometric and other print details. Report discrepancies to supervisor.
· Make appropriate time and data entry for all work completion on routing sheet and bar code system
· Use Diacro bender to work around interference problems on Eaton-Leonard
· Inspect and adjust parts proficiently to given tolerances
· Complex programming-90⁰ bends at right angles to one another
· Train the lower level benders
· Bend complex parts (angles other than 90⁰)
· Engineer tooling for jobs
· Ensure daily production needs of jobs by communicating with Production Control or Lead
· Lead and train new employees to meet engineering standards
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Able to work independently
· Complex tube bender set ups, components and how they function, including programming tube benders as required
· Working knowledge of trigonometry and geometry a must
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· High School/GED or higher education preferred
· 4+ years experience as a Bender
· Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.