Descripción del Trabajo
Owns production processes, establish production priorities for products while keeping effective operations and cost factors. Drives Manufacturing Lean principles, initiatives, and continuous improvement across full manufacturing operation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
Recruitment and Retention:
- Identify people requirements that meet the needs of the Workcell and the customer/product
- Recruit, interview and hire manufacturing and mechanical assemblers.
- Monitor team member turnover; identify key factors that can be improved; make improvements.
Employee and Team Development:
- Identify individual and team strengths and development needs on an ongoing basis.
- Create, implement and/or validate training curriculum in area of responsibility.
- Establish clear measurable goals and objectives by which to determine individual and team results (i.e. manufacturing metrics, training documentation, attendance records, on time delivery, first pass yield, quality controls, materials flow).
- Develop, motivate, and challenge all manufacturing direct labor to perform to their full potential, providing direct and timely feedback in formal and informal media.
- Express pride in manufacturing team and encourage them to feel good about their accomplishments.
- Perform team member evaluations professionally and on time.
- Drive individuals and the team to continuously improve in key operational metrics and the achievement of the organizational goals.
- Coordinate activities of your production team and keep them focused in times of crises.
- Ensure recognition and rewards are managed fairly and consistently in area of responsibility.
- Provide communication forum for the exchange of ideas and information with the department.
- Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style.
- Ask questions; encourage input from team members.
- Assess communication style of individual team members and adapt own communication style accordingly.
- Act as a communication link between the Customer and Jabil for all Manufacturing activities.
TECHNICAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Owns coordination of production activities with procurement, engineering, and quality control activities to obtain optimum production and utilization of human resources, machines, and equipment.
- Drive continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management.
- Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet, and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively; making customer issues a priority.
- Focus on Performance Metrics such as: On Time Ship, DGR Requirements, Recommit Performance, Expedite Response Time, Un dispatch Response Time, OBA Yields, Bad Board Levels, Inventory Accuracy, Lead Time Performance and Test Yields.
- Develop, own, and drive all DF-JOS meetings to drive issues for continuous improvement.
- Understand customer production requirements both current and future by analyzing capacity and manpower.
- Know and understand all production issues such as line stops and down time and drive them to resolution in a timely basis.
- Be a leader, mentor, and coach towards integration of Lean principles, values, philosophies, and tools for driving continuous
- improvement through Kaizen Events along a value stream.
- Using the tools of Lean manufacturing and 6 Sigma (Lean Six Sigma) (VSM , SMED , Kaizen DMAIC , PDCA , etc. ), promotes, and mentors continuous improvement across manufacturing operation.
- Propose and implement process improvements that impact positively on specific areas, such as DL efficiency.
- Review all relevant policies and procedures with department members, instructing them regarding the specific application to their assignments.
- Develop and apply quality techniques for troubleshooting to optimize process quality using lean manufacturing methodologies and Six Sigma.
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
- Assure that procedures and work instructions are efficient and not redundant.
- Ensure all sensitive and confidential information is handled appropriately.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Typically reports to Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include: Manufacturing Manager
- Job is directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management). Job title example(s) of employees directly supervised: Direct Labor
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Strong knowledge of global and regional logistics operations and industry.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to plan and execute formal project plans.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Strong proficiency in determining logistics requirements to enable company’s business goals and objectives with ability to devise and implement strategy to achieve targets.
- Strong financial and analytical ability. Proficiency in managing business analytics to determine optimum company footprint.
- Strong knowledge of international direct and indirect taxes as well as global customs regimes.
- Proven track record of successful change management accomplishments, implementing and management continuous productivity and cost reduction programs.
- Strong and convincing communication skills.
- Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree in industrial engineering or related discipline preferred.
- At least 3 to 5 years’ experience in Manufacturing Management, Engineering Management or Project Management.
- At least 3 to 5 years’ experience as Lean six sigma black belt or equivalent positions.
- Or a combination of education, experience and/or training.