Descripción del Trabajo
Has responsibility for staffing, support and performance of regional specific business management talent pool including Business Development Managers and Business Development Analysts for stand-alone accounts and global business units as necessary.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Directs, establishes, maintains, and plans the overall business policies, goals, tools and practices for a business development department.
· Develops specific plans for each factory together with Business Development Managers, sales team and operations.
· Assists in targeting customers and industries appropriate for the company; supports business development activities: quotes, customer visits.
· Coordinates and negotiates with the product development, marketing and/or sales group.
· Manages business development talent pool including Business Development Managers, Business Development Analysts and Project Coordinators for stand alone accounts.
· Keeps local and corporate management informed of market conditions such as pricing, material interruption, competitor activities, and technology trends and change.
· Participates in quarterly business reviews at each site.
· Integrates M&A Activities into mainstream.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Strong knowledge of global and regional logistics operations and industry.
· Strong proficiency in determining logistics requirements to enable company’s business goals and objectives with ability to devise and implement strategy to achieve targets.
· Strong financial and analytical ability. Proficiency in managing business analytics to determine optimum company footprint.
· Strong knowledge of international direct and indirect taxes as well as global customs regimes.
· Proven track record of successful change management accomplishments, implementing and management continuous productivity and cost reduction programs.
· Strong and convincing communication skills.
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor’s degree or an appropriate business-related equivalent experience and training; Technical Degree preferred.
· 8 plus years’ business experience in a relevant position or equivalent external work experience, including at least 3 years experience in management role.
· Strong entrepreneurial skills, self-starter, requires little supervision.