Descripción del Trabajo
The Data Scientist is an intermediate level statistical analyst well versed in various analytical disciplines, such as linear and constraint programming, modeling, simulation, time series analysis, text analytics, multivariate analysis, and other various
predictive analytics techniques.
Key responsibilities include:
- Analyse raw data: sourcing data from existing multiple DWH, assessing quality, cleansing, structuring for downstream processing
- Identify new potential data sources: value of new data, integrating into analysis, assessing data readiness for automation and optimisation
- Design, build and maintain efficient predictive solutions, full cycle: business case, data preparation, modelling, deployment to production
- Collaborate with business / operations / IT / Quality / etc team to scale analytical prototypes to production
- Monitor performance of the deployed models and fine tune when needed
- Collaborate with business teams to define new requirements or changes related to advanced analytics solutions
- Educate business users to understand the relevance of specific data and analytical approach; communicate on best practices
- Build dashboards as well as bespoke, custom analysis.
- Work on teams with business/functional stakeholders to help make data driven decisions
- Conducts advanced data analysis and complex designs algorithms.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
● Advanced degree in Statistics, operations research/ management, mathematics, economics, information technology, computer science or business analytics
● Experience, courses, or project work in an analytic methods such as linear, mixed linear, constraint programming, modeling, simulation, time series analysis, pattern recognition, queuing theory, multivariate analysis, and other various predictive analytics techniques
● Solid 3 -5 years professional experience building predictive and descriptive models
● Exposure to manufacturing environment preferred
● Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work effectively in teams and under pressure. Multi-lingual capability is a plus.
● Bilingual in Chinese and English (high fluency) as the successful person will liaise with counterparts in China.
● Ability to work on complex projects from model design to deployment
● Extensive experience working with large datasets - structured and unstructured
● Knowledge, experience and expertise in diverse statistical and data mining techniques (e.g. - GLM/Regression, Boosting, Random Forest, Trees, Clustering, PCA, SVM, text mining, social network analysis etc.)
● Ability to program and review code in Python, Spark, Scala, R or Power BI is highly desirable
● Experience with Big Data technologies like Hadoop, Spark, Hive, NoSQL, etc.,
and Cloud technologies (AWS, Azure etc) is a must
● Proven track record of overseeing multiple data science and machine learning projects at all stages, from idea generation to objectives formulation to implementation and deliverables
● Desire to work in a highly collaborative environment
● Ability to work on multiple data science projects concurrently
● Ability to draw conclusions from data and prescribe actionable and measurable activities.
● Highly motivated and creative, thinking “out of the box”.
● Familiarity with non-relational data frameworks (aka NoSQL, eg. Hive).
● Experience with Apache Pig, Spark systems.
● Strong team mentality, interpersonal and communications skills
● Preferred working directly with management and executives
Experience in Operational Research tools for solving optimization problems