Descripción del Trabajo
Responsible for participating in the coordination, documentation, execution and analysis of qualification and cost improvement projects generated through the Engineering Department. Responsible for support the Engineering team on change requests.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare protocols and completion reports of routine evaluation and validations as needed by the Engineering Department.
- Write and perform Engineering Studies.
- Create, revise and process Changes for the Engineering Department.
- Submit purchase requisitions for department needs.
- Assist in coordinating system access for the engineering department (Windchill, Maximo, etc..)
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency when dealing with critical to success indicators for department and site.
- Make recommendations for long-term solutions.
- Ability to work independently and within a group seamlessly.
- Setup Tooling part numbers in SAP and work with the Tool Crib to stock items ·
- Maintain and develop documentation for department, including technical documents.
- Must be able to work on multiple projects/tasks. Excellent organizational skills and attention to
- Record, analyze, interpret and report on data gathered in connection with a given qualification or validation.
- Manage responsibilities related to several projects concurrently
- Write procedures for test methods, make changes to existing documents and process through Change Control system
- Support multi-site department changes.
- Provide technical support for product inquiries as needed
- Follow all company safety policies and other safety precautions within the work area.
- Promote safety to all associates that enter the work area. Attend required safety training.
- Responsible for working on projects that deliver cost improvement dollar savings.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned and not all responsibilities listed may be assigned.
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
• Job is NOT directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
- Good interpersonal skills that allow for interaction with multiple disciplines and organizational levels.
- Ability to prioritize work-schedules and coordinate multiple projects
- Demonstrate initiative in problem solving.
- Ability to lift and maneuver raw materials and pieces of equipment.
- Familiarity with a metal cutting.
- Technical writing in area of work instructions and ability to process documents.
- Familiarity with Database administration.
- Drafting experience is a plus
- Independent work skills.
- Knowledge of lean implementation techniques including but not limited to: Plant layout, kanban, workplace organization, value stream mapping, visual controls, one-piece flow, line balancing, set-up reduction, 5S and point of use storage.
- Personal computers and software programs: Microsoft Office-Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Visio.
- Minitab experience is a plus
- Other systems could be required, depending on the project scope.
- A wide variety of product knowledge is preferred
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing tools. Knowledge of Six Sigma tools is a plus
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or equivalent, Associates Degree or Equivalent preferred.
- Technical Writing course work a plus.
- Database Administration course work a plus.
- Lean Manufacturing course work a plus.
- Requires 2-4 years’ experience with IPQS testing procedures, test methods and equipment operation.
- Requires 2-4 years’ experience with document creation, revision and obsolescence Experience with Windchill and Creo preferred
The anticipated pay range for this role is $32,870 - $62,406. A competitive salary will be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities of the selected applicant, as well as internal equity and alignment with salary market data. As part of the total rewards package, this position is eligible for a bonus based on performance. In addition, Jabil offers benefits to enhance your health, wealth and resilient self. These include medical, dental, and vision insurance plans; 401(k) retirement plan and employee stock purchase plan; and paid time off.