Descripción del Trabajo
Sr. Developer of Windchill PLM global responsible for workflow development, custom application integrations, business reporting solutions, engineering workgroup managers across multiple platforms
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assume the role of functional lead for implementations of complex and enterprise projects
- Ability to handle high complexity change requests related to strategic initiatives and the rollout of enhanced capabilities to the sites independently
- Effectively drive and coordinate the rollout of complex functionality to all sites
- Ability to effectively communicate functionality to all relevant groups via remote meetings and by chairing symposiums session with all levels of audiences
- Ability to write highly detailed functional specifications for outputs down to the table structure level, solid understanding of relationship / design on the overall solution and possible new customizing to determine quality specifications to include screens, sub modules and extended functionality to current modules
- Ability to provide flow diagrams, entity relationships, mapping and table definitions for advanced design concept
- Ability to mentor ESS 1 and ESS 2 team members
- Actively participate in the exchanging of ideas and information within the department
- Proactively organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style
- Be effective and consistent in providing regular updates to appropriate managers
- Ask questions; encourage input from team members
- Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems)
- Drive continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management
- Assure that fundamental procedures and work instructions are efficient and not redundant
- Offer new ideas and suggestions for improvement. Identify and implement new practices and processes that are “best in field”
- Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively; making customer issues a priority
- Confer with reporting manager on complex or unusual situations
- Establish new measurement systems if/where possible
- Exchange knowledge and information with other Jabil facilities to ensure best practices are shared throughout the Jabil organization
- Define, research, develop and test new functionality of business systems in your primary module or functional area.
- Participate in rollout/installation of new business systems.
- Serve as escalation point for system and troubleshooting issues.
- Devise sample data to test accuracy of programs.
- Provide functional advice and assistance to programmers.
- Write specifications of user needs for application development, enhancements and testing.
- Maintain a working knowledge of advancing technologies. Identify applicable solutions and implement with existing networks when appropriate.
- Work seamlessly with all IT Teams to ensure high standard of IT support at all levels.
- Maintain and develop documentation for responsible area. Prepare and provide status updates of assigned project plans and schedules.
- Maintain positive relations with all employees encouraging them to suggest ways of improving IT systems. Recommend/conduct training.
- Organize verbal and written ideas clearly, use appropriate business style.
- Drive continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management.
- Offer new ideas and suggestions for improvement. Identify and implement new practices and processes that are “best in field”.
- Exchange knowledge and information with other Jabil facilities to ensure best practices are shared throughout the Jabil organization while maintaining discretion and confidentiality in all areas pertaining to data and proprietary information, whether internal to Jabil or customer specific.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure with constantly changing priorities and deadlines.
- Must be proficient and knowledgeable in all areas related to the IT department functions.
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Typically reports to Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include: Information Systems Manager
- Job is NOT directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
- PTC Windchill PLM full-lifecycle software development experience and architecture
- Experience across Windchill PLM 11.1 M020, Apache Web Server, Info*Engine, and SQL Server
- Must have advanced configuration knowledge and skills minimum of multiple modules and applications.
- Thorough understanding of manufacturing processes, systems and applications across enterprise planning, supply chain and shop floor functions.
- Leadership quality with ability to mentor and manage other team members in project.
- Advanced understanding of business processes through hands on business experience or through an operations role.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Strong experience within developing Windchill PLM workflow development, custom application integrations, business reporting solutions, engineering workgroup managers across multiple platforms
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or Management Information Systems OR 5 – 6 years of equivalent external work experience in the business area, from an IT and business perspective.
- Formal certification in Primary Module is required.
- Minimum two (2) years experience in related applications on a large scale basis of project with proven implementation track record on multiple complex installations
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.