Descripción del Trabajo
JOB SUMMARY: SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT
Intern will assist the department or project manager in providing support to that area. In addition, they may be assigned specific projects either as part of, or in addition to, the day-to-day activities related to the assignment. The internship will be a part of Jabil’s Neurodiversities at Work program.
NEURODIVERSITIES AT WORK PROGRAM SUMMARY
Jabil’s Neurodiversities at Work program is designed for talent identifying as neurodivergent, which is commonly defined as brain functions that diverge from societal standards of “typical.” Common neurodivergent conditions include, but are not limited to, autism, attention deficit and hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), dyslexia, dyscalculia, dyspraxia and Tourette syndrome. With a unique hiring, assimilation and development process, the program seeks to leverage the unique strengths of individuals and increase the diversity of thought at Jabil.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Carryout to completion specific projects assigned by the Project or Department Manager.
- Flexible work schedule given potential deadlines
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
- Write programs that involve formatted output and basic reporting
- Prepare technical specifications and test plans
- Develop/maintain computer programs to store, locate, and retrieve specific documents, data and information
- Devise sample input data to test accuracy of program
- Resolve questions of program intent, input data acquisition, time sharing, output requirements, coding use and modification, and inclusion of internal checks/code reviews for system integrity
- Observe or runs test of program using sample or actual data, assist in user acceptance training
- Participate in roll out and on time delivery of developed applications
- Maintain and develop documentation for responsible area. Prepare and provide status updates of assigned project plans and schedules
- Organize verbal and written ideas clearly, using appropriate business style
- Offer new ideas and suggestions for improvement. Identify and implement new practices and processes that are “best in field”
- Participate in team stand ups, meetings and brainstorming activities
- Work on teams with business/functional stakeholders to help make data-driven decisions
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS (Performed with or without reasonable accommodations):
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
- Ability to complete quality work on time while managing multiple priorities/projects
- Ability to work independently or as a part of a team, with capacity to serve as a leader
- Familiar with client-side presentation technologies, including but not limited to HTML5, CSS3 / Bootstrap
- Familiar with server-side technologies, including but not limited to ASP.NET Core, .NET Core, C#, Node.js
- Familiar with Data Access, including but not limited to Entity Framework Core, ADO.NET, LINQ to ADO.NET
- Ability to design data test scenarios and de-bug problems.
- Familiar with SQL and NoSQL Databases
- Familiar with Source Control (Git on Azure DevOps)
- Familiar with DevOps integration using Azure DevOps a plus
- Familiar with agile development methodology a plus
- Familiar with developing software solutions leveraging Test Driven Development (TDD) a plus
- Exposure to services on AWS and Azure a plus
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to stakeholders that may not be technical
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Student entering their junior or senior year of college/university, with a track in Computer Science or Information Systems and a strong academic record