Descripción del Trabajo
Using established procedures is responsible for new engineering design, able to extract requirements and determine steps to implement reference design implementation or design modifications of existing product. An Engineer II will have a good understanding of design process, able to develop & execute validation test plans and proficient in at least one CAD tool associated with their discipline.
To independently design, develop, document, debug and test software and/or firmware on hardware platforms. Should have a good understanding of at least one FPGA programming language and the ability to write, test and debug code independently. Working knowledge of Xilinx Vivado design and simulation environment highly desired.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Competent in at least one but familiar with multiple high level programming languages & compiler and experienced in the use of specific In-circuit emulators.
· Solid, demonstrated programming and debugging skills.
- Working knowledge of at least one FPGA design language
- Working knowledge of Xilinx Vivado design and simulation tool
· Work with manager and/or PM to provide information that will aid in the initial quoting process.
· Stay abreast of the latest technology and techniques to provide designs that are competitive and cost effective.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistics, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to develop mathematical models of physical reality and solve them, then implement the results.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited four-year college or university, Masters degree desireable
· Minimum of 3-4 years of related experience and/or training
· Minimum of 2 years experience as a Design Engineer I
· Specific requirements as defined by market sector
· Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.