Descripción del Trabajo
Lead highly complex RF hardware designs for customer or innovation projects. Responsible for ensuring technical milestones are achieved. Responsible for guiding other engineer team members in RF subsystem designs and leads technical design reviews. Ensures specification requirements input and design outputs align. This engineer will have demonstrated experience at releasing products into a production environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leader in developing and validating RF hardware design applications.
- Leads/supervises RF circuit hardware design and PCB layout designs utilizing standard tools
- Directs all aspects of RF circuit design with minimal supervision
- Mentors/coaches/trains engineers with less experience
- Partners with system architects to review and clarify design requirements and define the appropriate architecture.
- Expertly assemble prototypes, design first powerup, design debug and functional circuit verification.
- Work with and manage external component suppliers/manufacturers and provide input to their product roadmaps
- Communicates technical aspects of a project effectively to customers.
- Define design innovations and potential patentable solutions
- Leads resolution of complex design issues and manages design trade-offs
- Executes RF simulation activities,
- Develops close relationship with worldwide technical RF communities,
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Detailed knowledge (with moderate complexity) of Wireless Industry or specific sector, regulatory and safety standards.
- Broad knowledge in developing high complexity projects that have required one or more aspects in RF hardware design, including but not limited to Transceiver design, LNA design, Power Amplifier design, Antenna design, Filter design and Microwave related circuit design.
- Detailed knowledge and use of key development tools and design standards: Component derating, DFMEA, RF testing equipment, oscilloscopes, multi-meters, simulation tools, etc.
- Solid background in RF engineering & microwave theory (transmission-lines & antennas, matching theory, Smith charts, etc.).
- Ability to design RF/antenna concepts into producible and cost-effective designs.
- Strong knowledge of Ansys HFSS and good knowledge of circuit simulation tools (e.g. PSpice).
- Analytic mindset with ability to review existing designs, analyze data and conduct structured problem solving.
- Experience in troubleshooting complex RF issues resulting from antenna, board layout, power management, IC and Software interactions.
- Broad hands-on experience with RF test equipment & anechoic chamber.
- Experience with system modelling tools (e.g. Matlab)
- Knowledge of verification, international certification and regulatory aspects of a RF based product,
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to document technical specifications and discuss with relevant stakeholders
NON-TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Influence others and share best practices
- Effectively communicate with good understanding of English.
- Self-starter, energizing, results oriented, and able to multi-task.
- Work as part of a global team
- Assess a project and articulating risk while developing project milestones.
- Develop projects in a stage-gate process (PLCQ)
- Mentor less experienced engineers.
- Leads RF projects with multiple engineers assigned.
- Leads cross-functional and RF design reviews
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Master or PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Microwave, Wireless Communication or equivalent,
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in RF design for electronic circuits,
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in antenna design and testing,
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.