Descripción del Trabajo
Under limited supervision designs, develops and maintains test procedures, tester hardware and software for electronic circuit board production.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Review circuit board designs for testability requirements.
· Support manufacturing with failure analysis, tester debugging, reduction of intermittent failures and downtime of test equipment.
· Prepare recommendations for testing and documentation of procedures to be used from the product design phase through to initial production.
· Generate reports and analysis of test data, prepares documentation and recommendations.
· Review test equipment designs, data and RMA issues with customers regularly.
· Design, and direct engineering and technical personnel in fabrication of testing and test control apparatus and equipment.
· Direct and coordinate engineering activities concerned with development, procurement, installation, and calibration of instruments, equipment, and control devices required to test, record, and reduce test data.
· Determine conditions under which tests are to be conducted and sequences and phases of test operations.
· Direct and exercise control over operational, functional, and performance phases of tests.
· Perform moderately complex assignments of the engineering test function for standard and/or custom devices.
· Analyze and interpret test data and prepares technical reports for use by test engineering and management personnel.
· Develop or use computer software and hardware to conduct tests on machinery and equipment.
· Perform semi-routine technique development and maintenance, subject to established Jabil standards, including ISO and QS development standards.
· May provide training in new procedures to production testing staff.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
Bachelors of Science in Electronics or Electrical Engineering from four-year college or university preferred; or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.