Descripción del Trabajo
The Product Engineer will be knowledgeable of the basic processes and facilitate other engineers at the site. This individual is also responsible for the implementation, support, training, and troubleshooting for the process being assigned in their facility. This position is assigned to an individual who has good hands-on experience with the product and process, and already be considered to be a key person of the process.
The Product Engineer is responsible for ensuring excellence on the assigned manufacturing process, as determined by the Manufacturing Engineering Manager. This individual will provide expert advice when there is urgent need due to high defect rates and ensure that the process is well in control and delivering the highest possible yields.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure requested changes are properly evaluated and risk mitigated. (e.g. brainstorming on risk, creating actions to mitigate risk and then validating the risk has been eliminated).
- Establish routine meetings to review current ECNs, MCNs, PCNs or utilizing designated JOS meetings.
- Communicate with customer and obtain the technical information like the BOM, Gerber file, CRD file, AVL, Disposition, etc.
- Perform BOM comparison and draft an ECN cover note after receipt of customer ECN.
- Compare the AVL/AML change from customer and draft ECN for system AVL/AML update.
- Host ECN meetings within the Workcell and coordinate the ECN activities among other department staff.
- Verify customer documents are attached to the ECN and logged on to DCC. Verify ECN assembly’s revision match the revision to the BOM.
- Initiate a detailed ECN change form (e.g., adds, deletes and changes), monitor the running change ECN implementation status within a Workcell.
- Initiate FIA report and coordinate the FIA activities within the Workcell, if necessary.
- Advise customer about their ECN implementation status.
- Ensure the standard price of raw component under a BOM is filled in so cost roll up can be executed.
- Provide training for new ECN coordinators, execute advance system training if necessary and monitor their performance.
- Supports the communication of Jabil’s Change Management capabilities and those of the Engineering group; identify and suggest solutions for any immediate need or enhancement in a timely manner.
- Provide ongoing direction and training on Change Management process development, root cause analysis and systematic problem solving.
- Offer new ideas and suggestions for improvement.Identify and implement new practices and processes that are “best in class.”
- Provide input on creative ways to reduce costs by streamlining processes and systems.
- Coordinate line reconfigurations and machine move activities, including equipment arrival, positioning and installation, and scheduling of support groups (Machine Support, Facilities, MIS, etc.) using the approved communication process.
- Encourage open communication and exchange of information within the Engineering department and between the various support groups.
- Provide support for all quoting activities by participation in initial process design, development, and implementation phases.
- Serve as liaison between Jabil Circuit and suppliers or customers on quality related issues.
- Prepare recommendations for testing and documentation of procedures to be used from the product design phase through to initial production.
- Determine conditions under which tests are to be conducted and sequences and phases of test operations.
- Serve as the functional and core Workcell expert for product and Change Management process area assigned.
- Track and communicate all changes/enhancements to existing process, including upgrades to product and process.
- Work with EOS Domain Experts PE’s to implement
- Support Site when there is audits and customer visits
- Ensure 100% adherence to all company policies and procedures (i.e. Health, Safety and Quality)
- Maintain discretion and confidentiality in all areas pertaining to data and proprietary information, whether internal to Jabil or customer specific.
- Understand and embrace the operations aspirations.
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Knowledge of Jabil operating policies and procedures required
- Knowledge and experience of supply chain and engineering in manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated Hands-on experience in the required process.
- Advanced Knowledge in the area that is being assigned.
- Relentless in exploring new and latest methods in improving assembly techniques.
- Lead Change Management Process and Compliance Evaluation aligned to the needs of Site as assigned by the ME Manager.
- Knowledge in Basic Statistics and knowledge of carrying a DOE is a plus.
- Understanding of DFM/A, FMEA and IPC requirements.
- Able to write technical reports for the Site.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Advanced Diploma, Bachelor or Master in appropriate fields.
- 2 to 4 years work-related experience in the EMS or equivalent industry
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.