Descripción del Trabajo
Oversee the day-to-day operation of the Tooling Department machine shop. Ensure timely fabrication of a variety of tooling to aid production personnel in the mass production of circuit boards. Provide daily status information to the Tooling Department Supervisor and ensure that customer need dates are met.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Carry out direction from Tooling Supervisor regarding the operation of the machine shop facility and guide the shop personnel according to production schedule.
· Administer the material control program including tracking on-hand quantities, prepare requisitions, receive materials and assure proper storage.
· Maintain and update the shop production report.
· Operate manual or CNC milling machines, lathes, grinders and any other standard shop equipment and tools to fabricate and assemble tooling.
· Read and interpret shop travelers, blueprints, and shop detail drawings.
· Utilize precision measuring instruments to check accuracy of work.
· Fabricate and assemble tooling projects as needed utilizing any or all of available shop equipment, de-burr, clean and label tooling projects.
· Maintain machine shop equipment and cleanliness to ensure continued operation.
· Assure tooling projects are properly labeled and delivered to customers in the promised timeframe.
· Input data into the tooling department job processing system.
· Validate employees’ time in Kronos.
· Provide input to the Tooling Department Supervisor (as requested) on performance evaluations for shop personnel.
· Complete special projects as assigned by the Tooling Department Supervisor.
· Adhere to all safety rules, use and ensure that workers use the required protective equipment.
· Adhere to all health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply with all procedures within the company security policy.
High school diploma or equivalent required. Two to three years experience required.