Descripción del Trabajo
Develops and implements product solutions, capabilities, projects or processes that can be offered to multiple customer, strategically managing the customer relationship road map. Manage assigned product portfolio growth and optimize profitability. Articulate value propositions and define capacity planning to drive demand growth for all the managed products. Conceptualize, develop and manage new product roadmap based on market trends and customer requirements and champion its execution. Develops and sponsors tactics to achieve strategic objectives across functional groups or within a business group through senior- and executive-level customer interaction. Influences strategic direction and develops tactical plans and completes complex assignments with minimal supervision or review, including contract negotiation and amendment. Provides comprehensive solutions to complex problems. End results are evaluated for achieving goals and objectives. Extensive contact with internal and external customers is required to obtain, clarify or provide facts and information.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Demonstrates an entrepreneurial spirit and drive.
· Manage assigned product portfolio growth and optimize profitability.
· Take ownership in managing company’s product life cycles from concept to completion.
· Strategize product positioning, pricing, and market messaging.
· Track competition and assess its impact on company’s product roadmap.
· Work closely with engineering, operations, business development and business units to enhance existing product line profitability or develop new profitable opportunities.
· Build business cases and present them in financial metrics.
· Be the subject matter expert and advocator for managed product lines in preparing comprehensive customer presentations, trade show materials, and marketing collaterals.
· Identify strategic supplier and own its relationship for long-term technological or cost benefits.
· Establish cost structure and cost down roadmap.
· Pricing (i.e. materials and value-add) for managed product line(s) is a core responsibility.
· Establishes and manages current customer relationships, striving to capitalize on organic revenue growth opportunities.
· Manages company product capability road map to be in line with customer’s from a strategic relationship perspective.
· Demonstrated strategic capability to look beyond the customer and understand the end market and industry.
· Defines the PLM team structure and staffs appropriately. Manages the team to effectively support customer inquiry on technology, products, capabilities and solutions.
· Exhibits demonstrated successful relationship-building skills with highest-level audiences at more strategic and senior levels within the customer’s organization and within Jabil.
· Responsible for the Request for Proposal (RFP) or Request for Quote (RFQ) or Request for Information (RFI) process for related product lines.
· Manages the performance, developments, and rewards for direct reports. Indirectly manages work of others through Jabil’s Workcell business model.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of global business awareness/experience (e.g., taxation, laws, culture).
· Advanced concepts, practices and procedures of operational functions (e.g., manufacturing, supply chain, etc.).
· Extensive knowledge of total Jabil solutions available for offer.
· Must demonstrate a blend of business and technical acumen, ability to make sound independent business and financial judgment, and the drive to make the big-picture vision a reality
· Extensive product management and technical expertise in optical network passive or active component, module, and subsystem
· Ability to lead and drive cross-functional team to deliver the right product and strategy amid established competition
· Must possess the ability to build consensus among multi-disciplinary teams having different interests
· Solid technical background and capable of working with other teams actively on solving technical problems
· Capable of managing product lifecycles from initial business case through customer engagement to the final release to customers
· Strong financial skill knowledge and aptitude (e.g. balance sheet and income statement).
· Jabil tools (Financial system, quote process, etc.).
· Advanced contract and negotiation knowledge/experience at a more strategic level.
· Leadership/people-management skills.
· Strong customer service skills and experience.
· Strong knowledge of global and regional logistics operations and industry.
· Strong proficiency in determining logistics requirements to enable company’s business goals and objectives with ability to devise and implement strategy to achieve targets.
· Strong financial and analytical ability. Proficiency in managing business analytics to determine optimum company footprint.
· Strong knowledge of international direct and indirect taxes as well as global customs regimes.
· Proven track record of successful change management accomplishments, implementing and management continuous productivity and cost reduction programs.
· Strong and convincing communication skills.
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor's Degree required. Masters Degree preferred.
· Degree in Engineering, Physical Sciences or Business Management preferred.
· Eight (8) to ten (10) years work-related experience required, preferably in technical and business management fields.
· Significant previous Business Unit Manager (or equivalent job) work experience preferred.
· Minimum of 5 years management experience required.
· Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.