Descripción del Trabajo
Drives materials team to achieve continuous improvement in key materials metrics. Provides exceptional support to customers, team members, and shareholders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Champions the execution and deployment of Jabil’s standard planning and inventory strategies and systems with the customer where possible, and implement customized solutions where necessary within a local operations site.
· Drives a systematic process to receive, evaluate and fulfill customer demand across the business unit.
· Ensures that an achievable Master Schedule is in place to support both customer requirements and Jabil revenue projections. In developing a solid MPS, consideration should be given to materials availability, equipment capability/capacity and staffing.
· Ensures that the Master Production Schedule is loaded in alignment with customer contract(s) and liability agreements so that the materials team maintains conformance to Jabil’s “Rules of the Road.”
· Develops and supervises solid product launch plans for new business, and transition plans for products being transferred between Jabil manufacturing sites.
· Evaluates the need for buffer inventory during the transfer process.
· Ensures continuity of product supply to the Jabil manufacturing site(s), and of finished goods to the customer throughout the transfer timeframe.
· Oversees the disposition and transfer of residual inventory to the appropriate “receiving” Jabil factory.
· Generates and analyzes inventory reports for internal business unit and / or customer use.
· Assists the Business Unit Management team as required in evaluating and recovering the cost of excess / obsolete inventory.
· Recommends process and supply chain initiatives to lower inventory costs (hubbing, JIT, optimum manufacturing lot sizes, alternate transportation methodologies, etc.).
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Strong knowledge of global and regional logistics operations and industry.
· Strong proficiency in determining logistics requirements to enable company’s business goals and objectives with ability to devise and implement strategy to achieve targets.
· Strong financial and analytical ability. Proficiency in managing business analytics to determine optimum company footprint.
· Strong knowledge of international direct and indirect taxes as well as global customs regimes.
· Proven track record of successful change management accomplishments, implementing and management continuous productivity and cost reduction programs.
· Strong and convincing communication skills.
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Materials Logistics Management, or related discipline.
· Equivalent proven track record in an EMS or similar environment.
· Three years related experience.
· Equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Solid understanding of electronics manufacturing and materials management is required, as well as a proven track record in negotiation, cost reduction activities and materials planning.
· Or a combination of education, experience and/or training.
The anticipated pay range for this role is $79,143 - $150,117. A competitive salary will be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities of the selected applicant, as well as internal equity and alignment with salary market data. As part of the total rewards package, this position is eligible for a bonus based on performance. In addition, Jabil offers benefits to enhance your health, wealth and resilient self. These include medical, dental, and vision insurance plans; 401(k) retirement plan and employee stock purchase plan; and paid time off.
The anticipated pay range for this role is $79,143 - $114,577 - $150,117. Job-related, non-discriminatory factors used to determine the actual offered rate include qualifications and experience, geographic location, education, external market data, and consideration of internal equity.
As part of the total rewards package, this position is eligible for a short-term incentive based on performance. In addition, Jabil offers benefits to enhance your health, wealth and resilient self. These include medical, dental, and vision insurance plans; 401(k) retirement plan and employee stock purpose plan; and paid time off.