Descripción del Trabajo
General summary of responsibilities:
Verify the quality of the products against the customer specifications. The Quality Technician is responsible for the dimensional, cosmetic and functional inspections of the molded parts and segregates any nonconformance product. Also, the Quality Technician performs routine audit of the process according to Nypro’s procedure. Perform periodic inspection of random samples for conformance to customer and Nypro Puerto Rico’s Quality Standard and Nypro’s procedures.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
1) Operates quality control precision equipment (i.e calipers, micrometers, CMM’s, Comparators, etc.) to determine the quality of the parts.
2) Performs and documents inspection as the result of product quality plan, including cosmetic, functional and dimensional inspection.
3) Determines product /process acceptability based on sampling results.
4) Authorizes to rejects lots, accept conforming material and to identify or segregate non conforming materials and fill reports.
5) Performs startups and audits, as required following Nypro documented procedures.
6) Verify the packaging requirements for the products.
7) Verify the correct identification for the resin used, mold preventive maintenance status and cleaning conditions in the molding operation.
8) Verify the correctness and neatness of documents and forms being to record inspections performed using Good Documentation Practices
9) Notifies supervisor of non-conforming conditions for corrective action.
10) Identifies and segregate of non-conforming product to avoid mixes and errors.
12)Maintains retains samples and log.
Education and Experience:
· Associate Degree in Science related field preferred or minimum two years of College School plus two years related in Quality area.
· One year of experience will be validated as one year of College education; if incumbent have basic
knowledge of computer use and statistics.
Knowledge and Skills:
· Able to communicate clearly with others
· Able to follow directions or make requirements clear
· Works with minimum supervision
· Keeps concentration on task on hand
· Accepts changes in priority with good attitude
· Legible hand writing
· Understands principles of measuring plastic parts.
· GMP knowledge
· Metrology skills (Calipers, micrometers, etc.)
· Read blueprints
· Personal computer skills
· Testing equipment
· Basic Mathematic knowledge; Must understand Mathematics and Geometric principles like
average and radius
· Basic Statistical knowledge
· Interpersonal relations
· Must read and understand English
· Team Player
· Sharp Vision (20/20 Corrected Vision)
· Can not be color blind
· Occasionally lifting, carrying objects weighting less than 55 pounds.
· Works standing most of the time - frequent
· Exposures to fumes and odors - occasional
· Noise - occasional