Descripción del Trabajo
Under limited supervision, responsible for setting up and maintaining laboratory equipment and instruments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Performs clerical work related to laboratory activities such as word processing, record keeping, filing, and answering telephones.
· Maintains material safety data sheets for all department chemicals and products.
· Monitors chemical processes in the production facility.
· Cleans and monitors equipment.
· Prepares reports, charts, and graphs.
· Works under the supervision of chemists or chemical engineers.
· Observes and conducts chemical and physical experiments, tests, and analyses.
· Performs related duties as assigned.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Working knowledge of basic principles of organic and inorganic chemistry.
· Scientific laboratory procedures and techniques used in a chemistry laboratory.
· Scientific laboratory equipment and apparatus. Prefer experience with ICP, IC, and HPLC.
· Scientific methods of measurement.
· Health and safety practices and precautions applicable to a chemistry laboratory.
· Proper and safe handling and disposal of harmful chemicals, substances, and hazardous wastes.
· Capabilities of computer systems, software, and hardware common to chemical laboratories.
· Recordkeeping procedures.