Descripción del Trabajo
Under close supervision provides less complex mechanical and technical duties in support of assembly, manufacturing, and/or mold equipment. Assists with capturing and documentation of operating procedures and work instructions with the focus on continued productivity and quality.
- Troubleshoots electrical, mechanical or pneumatic faults on manufacturing assembly and/or mold equipment.
- Performs mold cleanings, following the proper mold cleaning procedures at the proper frequencies.
- Assists in troubleshooting various mold equipment such as robot vacuum cups, proximity switches and hopper switches. Assists in troubleshooting processes and molds.
- May make minor machine adjustments to maintain peak operating efficiencies on process and non process controlling areas such as heater, die heights, speeds and feeds, vacuum switch adjustments, option switch sensitivity adjustments, minor mechanical switch adjustments.
- Observes the machine cell condition for any signs of wear or problems including leaks, wear, excessive motion and noise. Performs repairs as needed.
- Learns to follow proper maintenance procedures for various assembly/molding equipment; this includes the proper start-up, shut-down, calibration and purge procedures.
- Uses standard or custom measuring gauges to insure conformance to quality specifications. Gauges may include digital clippers, digital indicators and fixed gauges.
- Learns to adjust and calibrate machinery as needed using small hand tools. Corrects malfunctions by making adjustments or replacing parts as directed by Manufacturing Engineers.
- May be responsible for maintaining parts storage including cleaning, organizing, labeling and monitoring inventory.
- Reviews the process control forms/process book to confirm that the machinery is running in accordance with the standard process and set-up documentation. Completes routing forms.
- Records all performed equipment tasks on appropriate logs.
- Supports all company safety and quality programs and initiatives.
Other responsibilities may be assigned from time to time as needed, based on the evolution of the company and the requirements of the department/position.
Education and Minimum Requirements
- High School Diploma/GED and 1-2 years of experience or Associates Degree in related discipline and 0 years of experience.
- Experience in assembly and/or operation of production automation assembly equipment. In some divisions, 1 year experience in clean room assembly manufacturing environment
- Ability to read and write English and follow work instructions
- Ability to read drawings and blueprints, follow formulas and read measurement instruments. Basic math skills.