Descripción del Trabajo
The Senior Industrial Designer will be part of a passionate design and innovation team that helps world-class brands by pairing the right technology with thoughtful design. You will lead the creative idea generation & execution on a wide range experiences spanning from consumer lifestyle products to technology driven medical products to name a few. This role is a key player in translating consumer insights and business requirements into physical product experiences that align with brand guidelines and user expectations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Guide design intent from initial concept through production
- Translate abstract ideas, research findings, analytics data, and business requirements into meaningful and tangible designs
- Collaborate with a wide range of disciplines such as Research, Strategy, Engineering, UX/ UI, and technical leads to define constraints and explore solutions that providing new and improved value to our customers
- Lead brainstorming sessions to gather innovative ideas with various groups and stakeholders
- Lead the definition and ideation of product designs and physical interactions using sketching, hand built physical mock-ups, 3D CAD renderings, and 3D prints
- Bring a holistic understanding of how different factors (aesthetics, user state, performance, materials, color, etc.) impact the product experience.
- Investigate CMF (color, materials, and finishes) using samples and renderings
- Execute against VBL and brand strategies at a product and category level while constantly ensuring brand and product guidelines are being met.
- Coordinate with suppliers and vendors to produce 3D printed parts, material samples, and prototypes
- Assists with defining digital experience interactions that insect with the physical product experience.
- Create design documentations that are intended for production
- Give presentations and lead clients in key project milestones
- Clearly articulate design choices and considerations
- Assists with the establishment and maintenance of design department standards
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as needed
JOB QUALIFICATIONS KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- Displays process, innovation and incredible visual communication.
- Strong ability to communicate ideas both verbally and visually.
- Great eye for amazing graphic/communication design and presentation layouts.
- Communicate ideas both verbally and visually.
- Great hand/digital sketching skills
- Adobe Creative Suite proficiency
- Experience with UX/UI design is beneficial but not required.
- Strong 3D modeling/rendering proficiency in Solid Works/Rhino.
- 3D rendering proficiency: Keyshot, blender or Cinema 4D
- Highly Motivated and Takes Initiative
- High standards in Project work and Interpersonal Skills
- Excellent Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- Ability to “see the big picture” when meeting customer needs
- Sound judgment
- Excels at motivating others
- Ability to resolve conflict